Pharmacy schools with Rolling admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmkeener

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear everyone,
I was wondering if you know all or at least some pharmacy school with rolling admission in North America and mayby Australia and New Zealand.
I only know Temple has rolling admission. Do you guy think it's too late to apply at this time of the year (it's late march already)
Thanks very much for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

Rolling admissions means that the school will review your file periodically throughout the year - however there is a deadline as to when the application must be turned in by and usually thats march 1st. You can check specific schools you're interested in to see their deadlines but you're better off just applying in june for fall 2008. As for schools in australia and new zealand, their semester just started so the application process should start soon - look up their websites.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I went for my interview to Temple the admissions lady told me they are still accepting applications. I waould call and make sure though.

I having been looking into rolling admissions but mainly the ones I find are in the north. Are there any in the south. Is there a list of rolling admissions schools somewhere. I tried searching but couldn't find one.

Since u asked about Australia, are you intending to work in the U.S. ultimately? Speaking from my personal experience, no school in Australia offers the Doctor of Pharmacy program. They only offer the 4 year program Bachelor of Pharmacy and one school offers 2 year Masters program if you previously have a related Bachelor Science degree. If you intend to work in the U.S., you will have trouble like I did if you study/graduate from a 4 year program since you must graduate from a 5 years + program in order to sit the Board exam. here in the US.

In Australia (and I think New Zealand too), the school year starts in February and ends in December (calendar year). Although there's no school with rolling admissions that I know of, you might use the commencement date to your advantage when applying. From memory, there are only about 8-9 pharmacy schools in Australia. Most schools, you do not need to interview to be accepted. Some schools requires you to sit the UMAT offered by http://www.acer.edu.au/. There is no such thing as pre-pharmacy in Australia. You either get accepted or denied into the professional program straight from highschool or whatever studies you're transferring from.

PM me if u want more information on anything related to Australia.

All the best.

I having been looking into rolling admissions but mainly the ones I find are in the north. Are there any in the south. Is there a list of rolling admissions schools somewhere. I tried searching but couldn't find one.

Midwestern CPG, Arizona
Make sure u apply real early to this one coz your chances are quite slim if you're interviewed towards the end. Read the MWU Interview 12-13 thread and you'll understand what I mean.

U of Houston and Mercer have rolling admission. This types of admission helps people who can focus and complete the application early in the cycle. But it also kill chances for people turning in the application late.

does anyone have an actual website or something that has a legitimate list of all the schools that have rolling admissions?
i'm also curious about this and i know lots of others are as well

when using the pharmcas website to apply for schools, Iwas wondering can one just apply for the rolling admission schools and submit it, then use pharmcas again to apply to other schools that do not have rolling admission>

when using the pharmcas website to apply for schools, Iwas wondering can one just apply for the rolling admission schools and submit it, then use pharmcas again to apply to other schools that do not have rolling admission>

I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but you can add schools anytime on PharmCAS after you click submit.... just as long as the deadline for the school hasn't passed.

Dear everyone,
I was wondering if you know all or at least some pharmacy school with rolling admission in North America and mayby Australia and New Zealand.
I only know Temple has rolling admission. Do you guy think it's too late to apply at this time of the year (it's late march already)
Thanks very much for your input.

I believe there is a list of schools with rolling admissions on pharmcas

You can apply to some schools one month then add others later. But what you can't do is change anything on pharmcas after submitting it the first time.

So I can't even change the reference or personal essay after i click submit!

I wanted to apply to the schools with rolling admission early august so I can get a bigger chance then maybe add more schools and change my refereences and essay to a stronger ones

So I can't even change the reference or personal essay after i click submit!

I wanted to apply to the schools with rolling admission early august so I can get a bigger chance then maybe add more schools and change my refereences and essay to a stronger ones

Once you submit on PharmCAS, you cannot update/change anything other than

1) apply to additional schools
2) your course updates for your "planned courses" (they will inform you when this is possible)

Your essays cannot be changed once you press that button, but I am not 100% if you can or cannot add more references. =/ I would try asking on https://www.facebook.com/PharmCAS?fref=ts

Touro COP - NY and St. Joesph's COP in CT both have rolling admissions.

If a school has app deadlines that are later in the cycle, they probably have rolling admissions.