Pharmacy student in the UK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saadfozi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. Im a third year pharmacy student in the UK but I'm a US citizen. I'm looking to practice in NY and I emailed the board about this but they didn't reply with a clear response. I wanted to know if I need to complete my pre-reg year in the UK before actually returning to America to try to convert my degree. I found another post on the forum about this but the person was not a US citizen and apparently US citizens don't need to be qualified pharmacists in the country in which they received their degree. I guess I need some clarification or confirmation about this. There are other requirements in case anyone needs any help I can forward the email to them. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I believe that as any foreign pharmacist you will be required to obtain FPGEC certificate, which means you should have both the degree and the registraition/license from the UK.