Pharmacy Technician Job inteview at CVS HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

simplyv001

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...I was recently called about a job interview with CVS. I really wanna do well because I've been looking for a tech job FOREVER and this is my first interview. Anything I should be prepared for..or any helpful hints from those that have worked there would be greatly appreciated!

They also said there would be a math test...anybody know what kind of problems they will be? Is it just like the problems from the certification test?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't remember any math test for the CVS interview. If you have a certification, don't worry about it.

You don't need to dress up all business like, casual will get it done.

The only math test I have ever seen at an interview was at my interview for Radioshack. They want to see if you can do math without a calculator in case of power outages, during which they do not close the store.

If you practice the generic questions like, why cvs? tell me about yourself? um describe a time when blah blah blah you should be ok.
but remember your responses will direct the next question. I remember when I had my interview, it was in a dirty small break room haha but I don't remember any math stuff so good luck with that.

Tell us how it goes!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If you practice the generic questions like, why cvs? tell me about yourself? um describe a time when blah blah blah you should be ok.
but remember your responses will direct the next question. I remember when I had my interview, it was in a dirty small break room haha but I don't remember any math stuff so good luck with that.

Tell us how it goes!!!

Interesting - my CVS interview was also in a small, dirty break room :)

When I took Walgreen's math test, there were some questions about money (price is X amount, customer gives Y amount of money, how much do you give back kind of thing) as well as some sig problems (eg. RX calls for 1 tab po q8h for 14 days... how many pills should you dispense?). Don't remember what other kinds of math problems were asked. I would think the CVS questions to be similar. If you're certified and remember your stuff you should be fine.

Get ready for behavioral questions because thats where everyone is going in the application process. For instance, every question will ask you to give an example of an experience that you went through.

For example when I interview pharmacy technicians I usually ask, "can you tell me of a time when you were cussed out by a customer and made to feel like you were scum, and if so let me know how you responded and what experiences from the past you used to overcome this difficult situation."