pharmacy technician jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yaksa

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a job as a pharmacy technician for the first time (Central NJ). I am also PTCB certified. I have sent million resumes to all local pharmacy. They all turned me down...Why the hell is it so hard to get the job. How did you get your first technician job?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having the same problem as an intern. Sent out a ton of resumes, went to career fairs, and went to pharmacies physically and nothing.

I'm having the same problem as an intern. Sent out a ton of resumes, went to career fairs, and went to pharmacies physically and nothing.
I feel you. where are you located?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard NJ is notorious for saturation. In my case the hospital offered me a transporter position with the promise of moving me up to tech after a new months. There has been some delays but I eventually transitioned to tech.

I heard NJ is notorious for saturation. In my case the hospital offered me a transporter position with the promise of moving me up to tech after a new months. There has been some delays but I eventually transitioned to tech.
thanks for sharing ur experience

I am trying to get a job as a pharmacy technician for the first time (Central NJ). I am also PTCB certified. I have sent million resumes to all local pharmacy. They all turned me down...Why the hell is it so hard to get the job. How did you get your first technician job?
I applied on line when I was a senior in HS. Got called within a week and started the job after I graduated HS.