Pharmacy technicians

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How much are you getting paid? I just got hired today at the hospital, $11 to start. I get paid more if I work on week-ends, holidays and night shifts.

OH !!! I forgot that some people don't like to talk about their salary, just like some girls lie about their age and others don' t like to reveal their weight.

$11/hr
21 YO
130 pounds

You don't have to tell me how much you weight or how old you're since I really don't care, I just want to know how much you get paid.

Members don't see this ad.

"OH !!! I forgot that some people don't like to talk about their salary"

That is just silly. I never understand why people don't like to talk about it as if somebody is going to steal their paycheck.

My best friend currently works as a pharmacy-tech at a hospital and makes $10.75/hr plus an extra $1/hr for weekend and night shifts. Oh ya, full benefits and a potential wage increase every six months or year depending on job performance(i think). Personally, I never worked as a pharmacy-tech.

salary also depends on where you're working... where are you guys working at? when i was a pharm tech for walgreens back in san francisco, we started at $15... i'll be taking a significant pay cut here in boston because i heard you start around $9 or $10 as a first year intern. my store manager back in sf told me first year interns start at around $19... tri.. is that true? or any of you cali people that started work yet??:(

Members don't see this ad :)
That 19bucks sounds about right.

Grad interns make around 35bucks!!

Wowza, just 5 years ago when I was an undergrad intern I made 8.50 and grad interns made 14.50. Times have changed.

But it behooves the chains to get the interns working for them so they can keep them after they get their license, or at least increase their chances. So, it has become somewhat of a bidding war for interns as well, at least in parts of Cali.

Right now I'm an undergrad in Memphis, not entered pharm school yet (hopefully soon). I'm a non-certified pharm tech, and they're paying me a measly $8/hr. In 3 months I get a 10 cent raise. Whoop-dee-doo. Anyways, hearing you guys talk about making more as a 1st yr intern (especially in California) is really uplifting. Question is, is the pay different for 1st yr interns between San Francisco and Los Angeles? And how much of a difference?

I'd appreciate it if some USC 1st yrs can add in their two cents here. Thanks!!