Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
lol... were there that much females in your school as well? your school has a lot more asians than mines. Also is that the Time Square walgreens?
Yes, my school is like 70-80% female. I think the majority of students at my school are from California. Dunno about if its the Times Square Walgreens, but that is one of our sites.

Lubeckd

Renaissance man
7+ Year Member
Aug 9, 2010
New York
Status
Non-Student
Haha, you would think the dating scene would be good for us guys. Yeah I meet some touro students at my job, he asked me if I could introduce him to any asian girls in my school XD. And he is from Cali, my school is 64 or 70 percent female too.

Digsbe

7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2011
Status
Pharmacist
I enjoyed the part where they talked about what pharmacists do. Other than, you know, telling people where things are and calling doctors.
I also liked the "it requires less schooling than a doctor."

Sure, there are 6 year programs and many schools will accept you after 2-3 years of undergrad when pre-reqs are done, but that doesn't change the fact that many still get 4 year degrees first and that some schools do require a bachelors for matriculation. Strictly speaking though, the time spent getting an MD, DO, and PharmD is all 4 years in a professional program. If you want to get super technical a pharmacist has more "schooling" since our programs are typically 3 years of academic didactic classes and 1 year of rotations verses 2 and 2.

Last edited:

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
Status
Pharmacist
I also liked the "it requires less schooling than a doctor."

Sure, there are 6 year programs and many schools will accept you after 2-3 years of undergrad when pre-reqs are done, but that doesn't change the fact that many still get 4 year degrees first and that some schools do require a bachelors for matriculation. Strictly speaking though, the time spent getting an MD, DO, and PharmD is all 4 years in a professional program. If you want to get super technical a pharmacist has more "schooling" since our programs are typically 3 years of academic didactic classes and 1 year of rotations verses 2 and 2.
Touro does 2 and 2, just sayin.