• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Pharmacy: The MOST Egalitarian Career...

About the Ads

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
  1. Pharmacist
lol... were there that much females in your school as well? your school has a lot more asians than mines. Also is that the Time Square walgreens?

Yes, my school is like 70-80% female. I think the majority of students at my school are from California. Dunno about if its the Times Square Walgreens, but that is one of our sites.

Digsbe

7+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2011
  1. Pharmacist
I enjoyed the part where they talked about what pharmacists do. Other than, you know, telling people where things are and calling doctors.

I also liked the "it requires less schooling than a doctor."

Sure, there are 6 year programs and many schools will accept you after 2-3 years of undergrad when pre-reqs are done, but that doesn't change the fact that many still get 4 year degrees first and that some schools do require a bachelors for matriculation. Strictly speaking though, the time spent getting an MD, DO, and PharmD is all 4 years in a professional program. If you want to get super technical a pharmacist has more "schooling" since our programs are typically 3 years of academic didactic classes and 1 year of rotations verses 2 and 2.

Last edited:

Sparda29

En Taro Adun
10+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2008
New York, New York
  1. Pharmacist
I also liked the "it requires less schooling than a doctor."

Sure, there are 6 year programs and many schools will accept you after 2-3 years of undergrad when pre-reqs are done, but that doesn't change the fact that many still get 4 year degrees first and that some schools do require a bachelors for matriculation. Strictly speaking though, the time spent getting an MD, DO, and PharmD is all 4 years in a professional program. If you want to get super technical a pharmacist has more "schooling" since our programs are typically 3 years of academic didactic classes and 1 year of rotations verses 2 and 2.

Touro does 2 and 2, just sayin.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.