Pharmacy Times Magazine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surgical

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do any of you guys receive Pharmacy Times magazine? I heard its free for pharmacy students so I went to their website and filled out my info. but it never asked me if I was a pharm student and they never asked me for my credit card info.....So am I gonna receive the magazines for free? How do they know I am really a student based on the info they asked for?? I only filled out the required fields (name, address, and phone number). :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck! For awhile I received a couple of issues at the hospital I intern at, but haven't received anything since. I did also try to give them my home address, but I never received anything there. I seem to have no problems getting my copies of Drug Topics, however. These magazines should all be free...the pharmaceutical manufacturers are paying for your issues, in one way or another. As far as whether or not they know you're a student...I don't know, since the form Pharmacy Times uses doesn't let them know.

thanks for the reply....In your opinion which pharmacy magazine (that is free :D ) is the best?

Members don't see this ad :)
surgical said:
Do any of you guys receive Pharmacy Times magazine? I heard its free for pharmacy students so I went to their website and filled out my info. but it never asked me if I was a pharm student and they never asked me for my credit card info.....So am I gonna receive the magazines for free? How do they know I am really a student based on the info they asked for?? I only filled out the required fields (name, address, and phone number). :confused:
Almost all of those magazines are free. Drug topics, US pharmacist, pharmacy today, NACDS, pharmacy times, etc. They are pretty much just paid for by all the ads in them. Sometimes they have decent artcles, but beware of the sponsored CE that sounds too good to be true. There is no one perfect drug, regardless of who's paying for the CE. ;)

bananaface said:
I went and filled out the subscription just for the heck of it. It does ask you for you occupation and you can fill out a field saying you are a student.

Can a Pre-Pharmacy students get Pharmacy Times for free or it's just for the current Pharmacy students?

bananaface said:
I went and filled out the subscription just for the heck of it. It does ask you for you occupation and you can fill out a field saying you are a student.

Yeah I didn't fill out that part but since they didnt ask me for my credit card info I am hoping I will still get it :thumbup:

If they don't send it, you could resubmit your info, put your school name under employer and your occupation as student. That is generally good enough for these sort of subscriptions.

It says on the site that if your info doesn't satisfy them they send you an invoice with the first issue. So, they don't ask anyone for their credit card number at the time that the application is filled out. My guess is that you could send them something identifying yourself as a student back with any invoice they send and they would make your subscription free.

You can always view the Pharmacy Times articles online if you are pre-pharm. Based on the statement on their website, I do not believe pre-pharms would be eligible for a subscription unless they currently held a job as a technician, etc. in a pharmacy setting. In the FAQ/Links thread that is under construction, there are already links to websites for many other pharmacy magazines.

bananaface said:
If they don't send it, you could resubmit your info, put your school name under employer and your occupation as student. That is generally good enough for these sort of subscriptions.

It says on the site that if your info doesn't satisfy them they send you an invoice with the first issue. So, they don't ask anyone for their credit card number at the time that the application is filled out. My guess is that you could send them something identifying yourself as a student back with any invoice they send and they would make your subscription free.

You can always view the Pharmacy Times articles online if you are pre-pharm. Based on the statement on their website, I do not believe pre-pharms would be eligible for a subscription unless they currently held a job as a technician, etc. in a pharmacy setting. In the FAQ/Links thread that is under construction, there are already links to websites for many other pharmacy magazines.

Thanks for your help, I went back online and tried to resubmit my info to Pharmacy Times but it gave me an error probably because I already submitted the same info before (name, address, ect.) so I wrote them an email mentioning that I was a pharmacy student. Hopefully this will clear things up.

Btw does anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the first issue? I wanted the July issue but I guess it is too late for that.