pharmcas app and oct PCAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cl2641

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
if i e-submit my application to pharmcas before i take the OCT pcat will the scores still be added to my application?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, as long as your PCAT cid is provided to PharmCAS, your scores will be forwarded to your schools when the scores are available and received by pharmCAS.

Yes, as long as your PCAT cid is provided to PharmCAS, your scores will be forwarded to your schools when the scores are available and received by pharmCAS.

Same for references. Which is good for me, considering some of my professors have dropped off the face of the earth over the summer and have better things to do than write my references it seems.

Last edited:

Dont you receive your PCAT cid after the test or do you get a CID before you take the test? Im kinda confused. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont you receive your PCAT cid after the test or do you get a CID before you take the test? Im kinda confused. lol

I took the PCAT last saturday and listed PCAS 104 as recipient, but I havn't strated my CAS application. Do I need to make sure I open an account before the 5 weeks before my score is released? Does it only cost money when you send out the application or do i have to pay to begin?

They only charge you as you submit your application. I would go ahead and start setting up your app...you can at least get through some of the early "easy" pages. When you get to the "official tests" page, just enter in your PCAT CID so that PharmCAS can match your scores to your application and you're good to go.

They only charge you as you submit your application. I would go ahead and start setting up your app...you can at least get through some of the early "easy" pages. When you get to the "official tests" page, just enter in your PCAT CID so that PharmCAS can match your scores to your application and you're good to go.

O man what are the easy pages and what defines the hard pages?

O man what are the easy pages and what defines the hard pages?

Easy pages would be like personal information, schools attended etc. Harder ones are not necessarily "hard" but more time-consuming. It took a while for me to get all my transcripts to put in all my grades etc. So prepare for a little bit of busy work. Also start working on your personal statement if possible. I thought I would only take about a week to write it but after having people edit it/review it, I ended up taking like 3 weeks.

If you're planning to apply this cycle, I would get your PharmCAS app open asap. There's NO need to wait for PCAT scores. Fill out the app, write your PS, and e-submit so that you can get your GPA calculated asap. The longer you wait to e-submit, the longer the verification will probably take. Early July took only a day for some, while it took me 9 days in mid August. It's slowly starting to get slower to get verified as they get more and more applications.

If you sent your PCAT to PharmCAS, you don't need to do much more on the Pearson end of things. When your score is out, they will automatically send it for you. However, you need to provide that cid number to PharmCAS when you fill it out so that they can correctly match your score to your app. Your cid should be located on your admission ticket, I forget if it's listed on the site.