PharmCAS Mistake! Can I Get Some Guidance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Artful Dodger

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I accidentally pasted my rough draft of my personal statement (which is an embarrassment, to say the least) and e-submitted....

I JUST caught the error right after I submission...

Anyway, I've sent them an e-mail requesting to reverse the process

My questions are...Will they let me repost the personal statement? Any experiences?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely call them first thing on Monday, but I doubt that they will let you repost your personal statement.

I would definitely call them first thing on Monday, but I doubt that they will let you repost your personal statement.

Sure they will. You're paying them for a service. Explain what happened and they will understand. You have at least 2 weeks until they calculate your gpa anyway so don't worry about it being sent out any time soon. It's going to delay things a bit I would imagine.

I don't know how I feel about that paying them for a service thing. I feel like I was ripped off at every turn by anybody associated in the process of applying to pharm school. ... including the school that accepted me. That's just my opinion though.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that they tell you to go pee up a rope. Why? Because thats just the way they seem to be in my head.

Good luck either way.

I accidentally e-submitted my application before I entered all the information last year. I just called them up and they let me fix my application. I'm not saying that they're going to do the same thing for you, but you should definitely call them.

I noticed a mistake in my coursework after submitting, entered the incorrect number of units for two of my classes, and e-mailed PharmCAS about it. This was their response--

POST-SUBMISSION CHANGES

After the initial submission of your completed PharmCAS application, you may only make changes to the following items:

• Full Legal Name
• Alternate Name
• Permanent Mailing Address
• Current Mailing Address
• Phone Numbers
• Email Address
• Fax Number
• Password: Not transmitted to your designated pharmacy schools
• Designate Additional PharmCAS Programs: No substitutions or deletions.
• Planned Coursework: One-time changes during the Academic Update only
• New Fall Courses Completed: One-time changes during the Academic Update only
• Reference Contacts: You may not delete an evaluator from your application once PharmCAS receives the evaluator's reference

However, they did return my application to me for correction four weeks later.

I noticed a mistake in my coursework after submitting, entered the incorrect number of units for two of my classes, and e-mailed PharmCAS about it. This was their response--

POST-SUBMISSION CHANGES

After the initial submission of your completed PharmCAS application, you may only make changes to the following items:

• Full Legal Name
• Alternate Name
• Permanent Mailing Address
• Current Mailing Address
• Phone Numbers
• Email Address
• Fax Number
• Password: Not transmitted to your designated pharmacy schools
• Designate Additional PharmCAS Programs: No substitutions or deletions.
• Planned Coursework: One-time changes during the Academic Update only
• New Fall Courses Completed: One-time changes during the Academic Update only
• Reference Contacts: You may not delete an evaluator from your application once PharmCAS receives the evaluator's reference

However, they did return my application to me for correction four weeks later.

Yep! I got (edit) the same e-mail this morning. I'm very disappointed. Who made PharmCAS in charge anyway? We're the students; we demand convenience. No one has sympathy these days. Everything has become too corporate. I'm going to call them up to make sure though.

Ok everyone, I called up PharmCAS & it seems like they strictly enforce what was sent to me in the e-mail regarding what you can change post-submission. However, right after calling PharmCAS, I called up the pharmacy school of my choice, and they were willing to override the personal statement that PharmCAS has in their possession. So, I'm a little more hopeful now. I can sleep knowing that my final draft will be there somewhere :). I hope my personal best goes unnoticed. *mails personal statement with supplemental application*

Thanks to all who responded. I'm very grateful. I wish all of you immense luck. It's going to be a LONG, long...long cycle...which I anticipate any way. However, if there is a lesson to be learned here, MAKE sure you check everything twice or more before e-submitting your PharmCAS application. Be really, really careful!

Yea, I knew PharmCAS would strictly enforce those rules no matter what, but I'm glad that everything turned out fine in the end. :) That is why I always check my apps many times like crazy! I guess it never hurts to call them and ask.

I remembered one time I accidentally submitted my rough draft paper for my online writing class. I didn't notice the mistake until she questioned me about it. I initially earned a 25/200 on the paper, but emailed and apologized to my professor and she let me submit my real paper without penalty. I guess I was kind of careless because I really wanted to finish and submit my paper because that was the only thing I had to do before I could enjoy my Christmas break. I have to admit I was totally lucky at that time!

Sorry to hear that. I am wondering if you offer them another $125, will they let you change your PE.

I'm sure they would ...

I don't see why they don't allow changes anyway. We are paying them for their services. They could at least give a break in some circumstances. Mistakes do sometimes happen. Geesh!

Members don't see this ad :)
i don't hate pharmcas
i just hate that pharmacy schools ask the same questions that are on pharmcas, then charge me an addition 40 bucks.

My wish is if they were more flexible. PharmCAS didn't even have all my transcripts or GPA calculated. Now until they process everything, they should be flexible with me in changing things on my application...and then close the deal on me after fully processing my application.

My solution: There should be a restriction or hold if someone clicks the e-submit button before they are ready to go. The "e-submit" button is a failure.

Edit: I promise. This is my final rant about PharmCAS. I really should have more respect for what they do.

Last edited:
My wish is if they were more flexible. PharmCAS didn't even have all my transcripts or GPA calculated. Now until they process everything, they should be flexible with me in changing things on my application...and then close the deal on me after fully processing my application.

My solution: There should be a restriction or hold if someone clicks the e-submit button before they are ready to go. The "e-submit" button is a failure.

Edit: I promise. This is my final rant about PharmCAS. I really should have more respect for what they do.

No you shouldn't. They are just taking advantage of people wanting to get into a pharmacy school. It's just another way to make money off people that generally don't have much to spare (students).

If they built in flexibilty it would be more work for them and thus.. less profit.

The basic premise of pharmcas is neat but when you have to pay them $200 to apply to two schools it's just a rip off.... especially when the schools turn around and charge you another $50-$100 just to ask the same questions.

Not saying that you shouldn't have been paying more attention but I was afraid they would basically tell you to go pound sand.

No you shouldn't. They are just taking advantage of people wanting to get into a pharmacy school. It's just another way to make money off people that generally don't have much to spare (students).

If they built in flexibilty it would be more work for them and thus.. less profit.

The basic premise of pharmcas is neat but when you have to pay them $200 to apply to two schools it's just a rip off.... especially when the schools turn around and charge you another $50-$100 just to ask the same questions.

Not saying that you shouldn't have been paying more attention but I was afraid they would basically tell you to go pound sand.

yeah, you make a point. when they sent me that e-mail, i felt like crap, because they ignored how hard I worked on building that application. I always wanna give my best. and aren't they a .org company? chea!!! Thanks for listening to your customers. Stupid corporate thugs. Maybe SDN a real "non-profit" should begin an application service? I mean, this website does receive generous donations from its forum members...and we'll know (at least) we're getting a good deal from them. Hopefully?

Try not to let it bother you. I'll admit there are things about the application process that bother me, but for me it's like having a rude patient in the pharmacy where I just suck it up, politely (sometimes hard to do)help them get on their way, and move on.

Try not to let it bother you. I'll admit there are things about the application process that bother me, but for me it's like having a rude patient in the pharmacy where I just suck it up, politely (sometimes hard to do)help them get on their way, and move on.

that's the right attitude. ahhh well, just venting...

Well I may very well be in a spot because two of my references told me that they put themselves down as "friends" in the relationship field...even though I am related to both in a professional manner! ARGH! I've been trying to get in touch with the schools I'm applying to and PharmCAS says that if the evaluators call them and give a good reason, they will let them fix it. But still. *sigh* Sooo stressful and frustrating.
I don't want my app thrown out just because of the silly "friend" thing in the relationship field, when the letters themselves clearly indicate a profesisonal relationship! If the schools look at the letters before they get edited, I'm worried they might throw out my app if they are really picky.
Do any of you guys think the schools might look past the relationship field to actually read the letters if for some reason PharmCAS doesn't let my references change the whole "friend" thing?
I just feel sick thinking about this.

Last edited:
If pharmcas doesn't change it, then you should call/email your schools about the mistake and ask them how to remedy it. They may want letters correcting the error from your references. Schools are usually more understanding when the mistake is out of your control. Imagine how many wrong recommendation letters got sent to the wrong schools in the days before pharmcas and the internet applications all because a professor would put the letter in the wrong envelope, they will work with you. Yes, I applied to undergrad back in the day on actual paper, with snail mail and all.

Well I may very well be in a spot because two of my references told me that they put themselves down as "friends" in the relationship field...even though I am related to both in a professional manner! ARGH! I've been trying to get in touch with the schools I'm applying to and PharmCAS says that if the evaluators call them and give a good reason, they will let them fix it. But still. *sigh* Sooo stressful and frustrating.
I don't want my app thrown out just because of the silly "friend" thing in the relationship field, when the letters themselves clearly indicate a profesisonal relationship! If the schools look at the letters before they get edited, I'm worried they might throw out my app if they are really picky.
Do any of you guys think the schools might look past the relationship field to actually read the letters if for some reason PharmCAS doesn't let my references change the whole "friend" thing?
I just feel sick thinking about this.

Thanks for the advice, FLPharm2Be! I have asked one of the references to call PharmCAS, and the other evaluator is going to call the schools and ask what she should do. The one who is going to call sounded rather frustrated with me, and it's kind of a tricky situation, considering that I remember explicitly telling her that she should not choose "Friend"....oh well. Can't exactly tell her that, would just make her more upset. I told her I was sorry to bother her again, but she's still acting really annoyed. I'm thinking "lady...please. This is my FUTURE here."
In the meantime, since a few deadlines are still a ways away, I'm getting another letter pronto from someone else who has already agreed to write it - and they definitely are aware that "healthcare professional" is the choice they should pick. I made it very clear, haha.
I emailed the schools I've applied to and all but one of them have agreed to wait for the final letter.
I'll just have to see how things go. Thanks again!