PharmCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keiki

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all

i've been looking at the PharmCAS website since many schools that i will be applying to will be using it. i know that it will be available starting may 5, but does anyone know if there is a start date at which you can start sending apps to the schools? or is may 5 it? i tried looking on a couple schools sites to see if they mentioned when they will start accepting for next fall, but seeing as how it's kinda early still, i didn't see anything about it..

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

A tech I know who's applying this cycle was telling me that most won't start reviewing applications until the fall, but since it's gonna take forever for pharmcas to process all your essays, transcripts, and LOR I'd still suggest applying waaaaay early if you want to be one of the first apps to get to the rolling admissions to schools.

Who is applying for Fall 2004 admission?

Somebody? Anybody? ;)

I know most of you are already pharmacy students or soon going to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
1- I thought that LORs was sent directly to pharmacy schools. ..

2- As for applying early, how can you apply early if PHarmCas will only be available by May 5.

3- Is it mandatory for an applicant to send LOR, transcripts, essays etc... after the PCAT score ?.

Originally posted by TCB
1- I thought that LORs was sent directly to pharmacy schools. ..

2- As for applying early, how can you apply early if PHarmcas will only be available by May 5.

3- Is it mandatory for an applicant to send LOR, transcripts, essays etc... after the PCAT score ?.

You are right TCB, you send LOR directly to pharmacy schools and not to PharmCAS.

This was an old thread but instead of posting a new PharmCAS thread I just posted on this one. The website was up on May 5th so that students could start the application process. Each school has their own deadline but you can submit your application as soon as you are done. Don't forget that some schools also require a supplemental application and/or fee.

All you send to PharmCAS are your transcripts and the fee (which you can pay online with a credit card). The personal statement you write on the online application. Oh and when you take the PCAT select code 104 and they will send your scores directly to PharmCAS. :)

http://www.pharmcas.org

"PharmCAS charges $125 to apply to one school and an incremental fee for each additional pharmacy school selected." :eek: :mad:

Originally posted by lovilla

"PharmCAS charges $125 to apply to one school and an incremental fee for each additional pharmacy school selected." :eek: :mad:

Yeah, but most schools were charging $50-60 app fees anyway, plus there were fees to have your transcripts mailed to multiple pharmacy schools, etc. That $125 is a drop in the bucket compared with what happens if you apply out of state and get an interview. $300 suit, $300 plane ticket, $150 hotel/food, and that's only for one school that you may or may not get into. Of course the suit is re-useable. :)

Jd

Yeah, that $125 for one school is not too bad. I had applied before to pharmacy school and all I paid that time was $60. We still have to pay the school's application fee you mentioned JdPharmD.

I don't know about your school but mine sends transcripts for $5 and one sends them for free.

$300 for a suit... what kind is it? Well you're a guy so I wouldn't know. I didn't spend too much on my outfit.

I'm a skinny girl... I don't eat much :D and I stay wherever I can find a cheap place. As long as it's not rat or roach infested I'm a happy camper.

Not trying to pick a fight with you JD but seems like everytime I write something you pick on me. I'm just a sweet Texas girl. Honest. (well most of the time) ;)

Lori

Originally posted by lovilla
Yeah, that $125 for one school is not too bad. I had applied before to pharmacy school and all I paid that time was $60. We still have to pay the school's application fee you mentioned JdPharmD.

I don't know about your school but mine sends transcripts for $5 and one sends them for free.

$300 for a suit... what kind is it? Well you're a guy so I wouldn't know. I didn't spend too much on my outfit.

I'm a skinny girl... I don't eat much :D and I stay wherever I can find a cheap place. As long as it's not rat or roach infested I'm a happy camper.

Not trying to pick a fight with you JD but seems like everytime I write something you pick on me. I'm just a sweet Texas girl. Honest. (well most of the time) ;)
Lori

Texas?! Nothing but Steers and.... (Full Metal Jacket) :D . No, I am not trying to "pick a fight" with anyone, and I"m pretty ignorant on the whole pharmCAS system, since I don't have to deal with it.

You have to pay pharmCAS a 125 fee and then a fee for each school and THEN a school fee too?? What a ripoff. I thought that the school fee was waived. That was pretty much the justification of my entire post. Oops.

A $300 suit is considered by many to be cheap, but since I only plan on needing it a few times in the next SEVERAL years, I wasn't going to spring for anything else. I suppose girls' clothes are different. Hotels aren't bad, but you'll usualy stay one or two nights at at least $65/night, and then have to eat out for every meal. That's $150, easily. My school sent transcripts for $5 EACH and I went to three schools for undergrad = $15 for each school that I applied to + app fee (50-60 EACH) + fed ex to each (20 EACH) + gas/plane fare and hotel for interviews. I spent over a grand easily, counting the suit, which I still have, just to APPLY. Now comes the fun of taking out over $47,000/year in loans and then trying to repay them ASAP. How much was that app fee again? :)

Jd

If you apply to only one school through PharmCAS you pay a 125 fee and you send the supplemental application fee (if the school has one) directly to the school. This is how much it will cost to apply through PharmCAS:

1. $125
2. $165
3. $205
4. $240
5. $275
6. $310
7. $345
8. $375
9. $405
10. $435
11. $465

Pharmcas is great. Fewer applications to fill and transcripts to send. Too bad we can't send one set of LOR to PharmCAS ...

So I had planned to use my only day off from work in the near future before I went to fireworks today to try to do some work on my pharmacy application. But I seem to be having tons of trouble getting into PharmCAS. I tried on three different computers... 2 gave me error messages, and the last one kept telling me I was entering the wrong user name and password. I even had PharmCAS email me the username and password again and it will would not let me in. Has anyone been having any problems like this or have any suggestions of what to do? Maybe it was a problem with their server? Thanks.