PharmD forum gets A+ from SDN community!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phar

The Pacifist
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly speaking, this is the best forum on SDN. There is no fights, no childish manners, very informative, intelligent group of dedicated pharmD SDNers(jdpharmd, traingulation, lvpharm, Bmbiology, lsumed, samoa and many other dedicated pharmD forum visitors). If i have missed to mention your name, sorry!

So, i want to congratulate you guys. :clap: :clap: :clap:

However, you guys do need a moderator. So, create an election ballot or voice your concerns.

Keep up the great work!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I got stiffed -- ouch. How could you forget me? I never leave :). But I do agree with your sentiments. I browse some of the other forums every now and then and it does seem like some have quite a bit of bickering going on. This one seems to stick pretty much to information. I think it's partly due to the fact that, for the most part, only PharmD/prospective PharmD students post in here. The arguments I've seen in a lot of the other forums are often times caused by an "outsider" starting trouble.

Yes, thankfully we have a dearth of behaviorally challenged individuals in this forum...but we do have our fair share of threads posted about frequently asked questions. For that reason alone, we will need to elect moderator(s) to this forum. Poll? How should we go about doing this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I PMed "Dr. Mom", a moderator, about becoming a moderator and she replied, "Have to have been here a while & be approved by the admins & other mods. You can always PM Lee about it if you want."

Really, all we need is the ability to post stickys or "announcements". That could take care of some FAQ. We don't really have any flames or off-topic threads that we care about. The problem occurs when people abuse the privilege and we get like 15 stickys. I suppose that's when we need a moderator... hmm...

Jd

I'll bring up to the other mods your collective desire to have a mod.

In the meantime, if you have something deemed sticky-able let me know & I can take care of it.

If everyone wanted to contribute to something like "a newbies guide to PharmD" we could put it together and then have DrMom sticky it for us. We could write new material, or browse through some old posts that comce up frequently and answer those questions as completely as possible or even cut and paste some.

Jd

By the way, there are some fun things that go on in other forums, I like the general discussion one. We need to try a medical word association once everyone gets rolling with class...

it's a good forum. a little misty eyed, and eerily reminiscent of some pharmacy professional organization literature , but good. i'd still recommend the newbies pay a visit to a hellhole like pharmacyweek.com board for a slightly(bwahaha, understatement here) more morose perspective :D

Originally posted by StevenS
it's a good forum. a little misty eyed, and eerily reminiscent of some pharmacy professional organization literature , but good. i'd still recommend the newbies pay a visit to a hellhole like pharmacyweek.com board for a slightly(bwahaha, understatement here) more morose perspective :D

That could be the nicest thing you've ever said in the forum, Steven! ;) Maybe I can get a job writing brochures for APhA...

what can i say? your enthusiasm and can-do spirit must be rubbing off on me.
as for writing brochures, i have only one thing to say - it's not a lie if you believe in it :) (someone must know where that one came from).

Originally posted by DrMom
Sounds good. Let me know if you guys get something going.

If someone wants to volunteer to be the pharm mod, PM Lee Burnett.

Somebody want to volunteer their services to the forum? Should we have a vote? We can open the floor for nominations...

cool. so we have elections and stuff too? :cool:
i suppose i've done far too much negative self-advertising to be considered a viable candidate then hahaha :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I nominate you for "official forum skeptic" ;)

Actually, one of our esteemed "Senior Members" or old-timers may wish to PM Lee instead....fine with me!

Originally posted by StevenS
cool. so we have elections and stuff too? :cool:
i suppose i've done far too much negative self-advertising to be considered a viable candidate then hahaha :laugh:

Any opinion, negative or positive, is welcome on this forum and for that, I thank you.

Originally posted by LVPharm
Somebody want to volunteer their services to the forum? Should we have a vote? We can open the floor for nominations...

I nominate myself :)

I've been around for a while and I'm a loser so I spend a good 8 to 10 hours a day on the computer doing nothing.

I nominate tri and LVpharm too.

Jd

Sorry guys. I've been declared moderator for the PharmD forum.

Now get back to your seats.

I'll second the nomination for Brill since he's got nothing better to do ;) We do need someone who shows up frequently on the forum.

I think it is better for the PharmD forum to decide and if the moderator is also a pharmacy student.

my 2 cents

Originally posted by ******
Sorry guys. I've been declared moderator for the PharmD forum.

Now get back to your seats.

Sounds like Dr. Tim is developing a "Napoleonic complex" ;) Get back to your MD forum! Leave us "pill pushers" alone!

wow. i'm all for a moderator, who will step in when people get 'un-professional', but i don't want a moderator who will always be moving stuff to the lounge.

Yeah, I like LVPharm too. Very fair. This does carry some responsibility in terms of being a more objective member of this forum though. You have to be willing to sacrifice.

Sounds like Dr. Tim is developing a "Napoleonic complex" ;) Get back to your MD forum! Leave us "pill pushers" alone!

But who will fill my scripts? :(

Originally posted by DrMom
Don't let Tim scare you away! :)

Be afraid. I'm a fourth-year graduating in about a week with almost a month before internship starts. MUHAHAHAHAHA!

If they're for anti-psychotics, I'm sure we can find someone. :D

Jd

someone needs to get off his high horse. :rolleyes:

Maybe if we ignore Dr.Tim, he'll go away! ;)

Ahem...."this thread is closed".....

Sorry guys, I just don't think I can cut it as a mod ;)

From digesting the posts...pharmD forum seems to be heading to moderatoship(sp?). :) A small advice, the moderator must have a pharmD SDNer character or else hit the trash can.

To be fair...why not have Five moderators? That is...brill, jd, tri, Lv & bm.

hey phar..did you decide between med school and pharm school..where are you going next year?

Maybe if we ignore Dr.Tim, he'll go away! ;)

No no no, that's like ignoring a bad infection! What we need is a good doctor! Hmm, but where to find one... :D

Jd

Originally posted by tryinghard
hey phar..did you decide between med school and pharm school..where are you going next year?

I finally decided to pursue med.school(upstate). Good luck on your future Endeavors

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
If everyone wanted to contribute to something like "a newbies guide to PharmD" we could put it together and then have DrMom sticky it for us. We could write new material, or browse through some old posts that comce up frequently and answer those questions as completely as possible or even cut and paste some.

Jd

By the way, there are some fun things that go on in other forums, I like the general discussion one. We need to try a medical word association once everyone gets rolling with class...

Great idea! A sticky would help a lot.