Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

PharmD/(MBA or MHA?)

Discussion in 'Med Business [ MD/MBA, DO/MBA, DDS/MBA ]' started by ryerle23, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ryerle23

Pharmacy Student
    I am going to graduate PharmD. school in a little over a year, and I am trying to decide what type of degree to go for after PharmD school, MBA or MHA. I am looking at doing a program part-time so I believe that pushes me towards getting an MBA just based on the number of programs/flexibility. My career goals include becoming a director of pharmacy at a hospital and then ultimately going into hospital/HMO management. So a couple of questions are my goals of hospital/hmo management feasible with a PharmD? Between MBA or MHA which would be more advantageous? Would a MBA in Healthcare management be better? Also does anybody have some knowledge about the UC-Irvine Health Care Executive MBA program that only meets once per month? Thank you very much

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.