PhD applications and course titles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boba_psych

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

So some of the programs I have been applying to have a prerequisite requirement to take a statistics or research methods course. The name for my undergrad's psychology statistics class is "Quantitative Methods in Psychology", and this is how the course shows up on my transcript. I was wondering if I need to inform the schools that this is a statistics course? Input is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all!

So some of the programs I have been applying to have a prerequisite requirement to take a statistics or research methods course. The name for my undergrad's psychology statistics class is "Quantitative Methods in Psychology", and this is how the course shows up on my transcript. I was wondering if I need to inform the schools that this is a statistics course? Input is appreciated, thanks!

Unless you think most psychologists are idiots, I think its pretty well understood what this course tittle means.

I would, however, expect that this course AND a specific course in research methods/design be part of your undergraduate curriculum. Both, combined, are integral to understanding psychology as a science.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Unless you think most psychologists are idiots, I think its pretty well understood what this course tittle means.

I would, however, expect that this course AND a specific course in research methods/design be part of your undergraduate curriculum. Both, combined, are integral to understanding psychology as a science.

Thank you for your input! I am just at the stage of overthinking things that could go wrong with the application cycle right now haha