Just need advice on what would be a better path to take. I'm currently in a masters program, which I had planned to finish by 2004. I was going to apply for med school next summer for Fall 2004 admission, which would be perfect timing if I get in on my first try. Problem is, I found out that if I do one more year (and a lot more work during that one year), I may be able to come out with a PhD. My MCAT expires if I don't apply next summer, which means that if I decide to go for the PhD, not only do I have to defer applying for another year (which I really don't want to do), but I would also have to take the MCAT again (for the 3rd time!!). On the other hand, if I just decide to go for the masters, apply for med school and end up not getting in, I would be kicking myself for not spending that extra year to get a PhD. A lot of good advice has been given in many other threads, and I thought I'd try asking you guys. Help me please?