PHD Education-concentration in counseling education and supervision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wish we could balance statement like,

I intend to make a distinction between immigration mental health evals and immigration psych evals.

with never defining either term.

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Well, I’ve got several doctoral level psychologist giving me free feedback on my site. I am probably up around at least $1000 in consulting fees and all I have to do is be polite to a few snarky people.

The feedback is worth the condescending comments and mean-spirited jabs.

I just hope people can take it as well as this give it!

#FreeAdvice
You have received the free advice from licensed psychologists (who actual have an obligation to point out these problems to you and, if it comes to it, to the board). Are you going to revise or take down the sections of the website where you reference providing "psychological" assessments? I see that it is still there as of 4:10 today. This is a serious issue and you are likely in violation of, at a minimum, state board practice guidelines.

Reactions: 4 users
This is totally unrelated, but this isn't Twitter. Why are we doing hashtags here? lol I must be old.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey again,

I've tried to answer this question, in good faith, as many times as I could.
I still am wondering, in your interpretation, can counselors provide evaluations? In my state we are allowed to do so. I am unsure if your question is more rhetorical in nature.

No gotcha games here... simply curious. I hoping this is a conversation and not an interrogation.
How would you characterize the difference?
Have you work on immigration mental health evals?
:)
“Allowed to do so” is not the same as competent to do so. Ethically it is also quite dubious.

Physicians, much like psychologists, have an unrestricted license to practice within their field. Should a psychiatrist do open heart surgery...no, but legally they can. Ethically...nope. Would it stand up in court. Nope. Would it warrant board discipline, absolutely...and likely the loss of license and possibly criminal charges.

Legally all psychiatrists and radiologists can perform surgery, but everyone in the field knows that it’d be career suicide bc of a laundry list of reasons including “do no harm” to the patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
If I were licensed and practicing in your state I would have already filed a board complaint and offered to testify against you. I’m not just playing hypothetical, as i’ve previously written scope of practice and training requirements for psychologists into state statutes, and this is a great example of why state licensing boards exist.

FWIW to prospective students, trainees, and licensed folks, this is the kind of case that get the book thrown at them bc intent to deceive was clear and putting patients at risk could easily be argued. Ignoring informal inquiry is just the first nail in the coffin of a complaint.

Reactions: 5 users
Hello PsyDr.
How would you characterize the difference?
Have you work on immigration mental health evals?
Thank you.
Oh, come on, could you be more transparent?

You're clearly out of your depth and have been fishing for information here so that you can tweak things just enough that you can keep doing whatever you want while flying under the radar of board discipline.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey again,

I've tried to answer this question, in good faith, as many times as I could.
I still am wondering, in your interpretation, can counselors provide evaluations? In my state we are allowed to do so.

If I were licensed and practicing in your state I would have already filed a board complaint and offered to testify against you. I’m not just playing hypothetical, as i’ve previously written scope of practice and training requirements for psychologists into state statutes, and this is a great example of why state licensing boards exist.

FWIW to prospective students, trainees, and licensed folks, this is the kind of case that get the book thrown at them bc intent to deceive was clear and putting patients at risk could easily be argued. Ignoring informal inquiry is just the first nail in the coffin of a complaint.

I do not believe that you actually have to be licensed in NY to for a complaint to be heard. The process for filing involves completing a complaint form and faxing it to a regional office. You have to provide your name and address on the form, but there is no request for information about your licensure. In fact, the form seems to be designed to be filled out by a current or former patient, as it contains a section for singing a release of records.

Hmmmm...wonder how I know so much about the NYS Professional Misconduct Enforcement System complaint form?!?

Reactions: 4 users