PHD: in parasitology any advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nne97080

Naija babe
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need advice. Got into an MD program starting this fall, but might be interested in doing a phD. My problem is that I have done research in dermatology/oncology but never in parasitology I do not even know the basic tenets of the research but I know that I love the subject and would one day want to definitely work in that field. Any suggestions/ advice. What should I do to make this happen. Do I need to take the GRE's? If I add it on can I still be part of the MSTP etc.

Members don't see this ad.

nne97080 said:
Need advice. Got into an MD program starting this fall, but might be interested in doing a phD. My problem is that I have done research in dermatology/oncology but never in parasitology I do not even know the basic tenets of the research but I know that I love the subject and would one day want to definitely work in that field. Any suggestions/ advice. What should I do to make this happen. Do I need to take the GRE's? If I add it on can I still be part of the MSTP etc.

You should talk to the MD program and ask them these exact questions. Most schools I think will let students apply internally to the MSTP during/after MS1.