phew, DAT done 7/26 24TS/25AA/29PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jean1120

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is my second post ever. I've been reading a lot of threads here for the past 3~4 months....so I'm putting up a post in case this can be of any help to someone
So, finally done! DAT was the only thing left...application being mailed on 7/30

Here's what I got
PAT 29 (99.9%)
QR 30 (100.0%)
RC 22 (84.4%)
Bio 28 (99.7%)
GC 22 (91.8%)
OC 23 (94.4%)
TS 24 (99.1%)
AA 25 (99.9%)

I've been getting
PAT/QR/RC/Bio/GC/OC/TS/AA
Topscore 1 24/24/23/21/21/21/21/22
Topscore 2 26/22/29/20/21/23/21/23
Topscore 3 28/26/22/21/21/20/21/22

CDP 23 23 23 25 28

Achiever ranged from 17-21 in all sections (too lazy to look up since the software's funky).

PAT : Achiever PAT's keyholes are way too hard in my opinion. Angles are on par. I think the angle section is definitely some luck here and there. CDP is pretty representative of all sections.

QR: So, I'm not really good with probability, and I don't remember half the trig formulas I used to know back in high school. I think that's why I got low-mid 20s in Topscore and Achiever. In the real one, ones that involved trig or probability weren't too advanced, so I did fine. Again, Achiever expects too much in-depth trig/probability in my opinion. I think you only need to know the most important formulas regarding trig/probability. If you want to make sure and have lots of time, then I guess you might as well try to know some of the harder formulas.

RC: So, slow reader here. As much as I hate admitting this, I end up resorting to search and destroy method for these standardized test. 22's okay I guess. Definitely more inference/comprehensive question in the real one compare to Topscore....not much more to say.

Bio: I'm Bio major (molecular and cell), so I got the cell bio/genetics down. I'm also pretty familiar with animal physiology. I think Kaplan covers most important ones. I also skimmed Campbell's to make sure I'm comfortable with most topics. I didn't really get any taxonomy questions (phew...worst topic for me). Style was quite different from Topscore tho...I know a lot of facts (which Topscore usually go for), but the real DAT had some comprehensive questions (can't recall the exact questions...my brain's in relax mode now). Some of the questions, I knew the answer not because I saw it on Topscore or Kaplan, but because I just knew it from one of my many bio classes. I used KBB and Campbell's, and I recommend getting some background info from Campbell's and Cliff's AP Bio(didn't use this, but heard it's good) especially if you're not Bio major.

Gchem: Thought I would do better in this one. But I guess 1-2 questions make a lot of difference in 20-30 range. KBB. No additional knowledge besides KBB and intro gen chem from freshman year.

Ochem: Also thought I would do better in this section (bio was most concerning one, but ended up being my best.haha). Used KBB and skimmed my orgo book. Again, I think KBB's pretty representative. In the beginning, when I just started to prepare for the DAT, I made a mistake of getting too in-depth with topics not covered in DAT. I think it's important to know the basic characteristics in addition to knowing the reactions, since there's probably going to be some questions regarding acidity/basicity of a molecule/particular hydrogen, etc.

Studied for about 7-8 weeks. I tried to refresh my memories (I think I would've done better a year ago, when all the gen chem/orgo knowledge were still fresh in my head)...so first couple of weeks I tried hard reviewing...skimming the text books. After that, the rest of 4 weeks I studied about 3-6 hours a day. Had two part time jobs going on (so,pretty much a full time job I guess) and also lots of fun stuff to do around me, so I wasn't one of those people who studied 3 weeks full out. But I think it's definitely doable to do well after studying 3-4 weeks if you can afford to study really hard for those weeks.

Hopefully this score's good enough to get me into a school I want!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
woooow. way to go. do you mind me asking what your gpa's are and where you are applying?? Good luck in the application process, but it is looking like you won't need much! lol

30 on QR! amazing. did u use math destroyer?

Ah, no. Math has saved me many times in the past with standardized test, so I'm pretty good with this format. If you're weak on the math section, I think doing lots of problem definitely helps (I guess destroyer? I heard that's pretty good). Really, you just have to know the type of questions....The usual percentage questions (interests, discounts, etc), ratio, basic algebra, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
woooow. way to go. do you mind me asking what your gpa's are and where you are applying?? Good luck in the application process, but it is looking like you won't need much! lol

With +/- (w/o +/-)
BCP 3.94 (3.96)
sGPA 3.98 (3.97)
non-sGPA 4.04 (4.00)
Overall 3.99 (3.97)

My personal statement's Okay....not AMAZING. Hopefully my stats and ETC can get me interviews!

Fantastic scores! :thumbup:

I'm sure with your GPA and DAT you'll be offered a lot of interviews! Where are you applying?

Fantastic scores! :thumbup:

I'm sure with your GPA and DAT you'll be offered a lot of interviews! Where are you applying?

UIC (I'm Illinois resident), Columbia, UPenn, UCSF, UoP, Tufts, BU, NYU, Harvard (haha), and UW (not a resident...why am I even applying.lol)
I've heard of people from my school going to Columbia, Upenn, Harvard and stuff, so hopefully I have a chance too! UCSF sounds awesome, but again, since I'm not from California, might be hard I guess...

Oh my god! Your scores are amazing!!You are bound to get into to all those schools! Can I have your brain when I take my test!

UIC (I'm Illinois resident), Columbia, UPenn, UCSF, UoP, Tufts, BU, NYU, Harvard (haha), and UW (not a resident...why am I even applying.lol)
I've heard of people from my school going to Columbia, Upenn, Harvard and stuff, so hopefully I have a chance too! UCSF sounds awesome, but again, since I'm not from California, might be hard I guess...

You're in as good shape as any out-of-stater can be for CA schools, so best of luck to you! :luck: I'm in Cali and applying to a lot of those same schools so maybe I'll see you at interviews! :)