Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My husband grabbed my letter and ran away like a child to open it :laugh:...but since the portal already gave away the news I didn't care THIS time but normally it is irritating as this happens often lol. The letter is normal sized with nothing crazy on it to whoever was asking. IT does however have a PCOM logo on the front though, so it is pretty obvious who sent it if you have a snooper in the family like I do.

When did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh, way back in October. Sorry if I worried you about your interview date haha :) Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my letter, but my portal is not updated with a deposit option or notification.

This means I am rejected or wait listed right? I can't physically get to or open the letter until tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
What portal are you guys referring to when checking the status of your application post-interview?

Just got my letter, but my portal is not updated with a deposit option or notification.

This means I am rejected or wait listed right? I can't physically get to or open the letter until tomorrow.
When did you interview?

Not necessarily, the portal is technically supposed to be updated after you recieve your letter. They may be waiting to update portals until a later date since it is not automatic. Everyone should ignore the portals until after reading the letters honestly!

Wait listed! 3.8/35 and thought my interview went well. Oh well.

Anyone know if this school has good waitlist movement or should I just focus on my next two II in march?

Interview Invite! Right when I thought my chances for this cycle was over!

Reactions: 2 users
II today! And Don't worry about that WL. The class is full. There is always big movement.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wait listed! 3.8/35 and thought my interview went well. Oh well.

Anyone know if this school has good waitlist movement or should I just focus on my next two II in march?

From posts from previous years it looks like a lot of people got accepted off of the waitlist so you may have a pretty good chance especially with your stats. When did you interview?

From posts from previous years it looks like a lot of people got accepted off of the waitlist so you may have a pretty good chance especially with your stats. When did you interview?
Last week of January. Problem is if I attend 2 more IIs I'm not sure if I will have the 1,750 for the acceptance deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Because I attend PCOM now as a second year biomed, and this is not an new thing they do. They always send out over the acceptance because people drop in April after the big deposit is due. A lot of the second year BMs got accepted last year in May-August. Now of course I wouldn't say 100% but I'll confidently say 90% is full, if that sounds better. The class is usually full by January-February. So I wouldn't worry about the WL.

I can ask my friend who is a first year DO and is an ambassadors for the interviews.

She said last year they accepted 235, and the class ended up with 139. Class size is supposed to be 140. I hope this helps you all! Good luck to everybody! Don't worry, the WL will move! If you guys have any questions just let me know!

Reactions: 1 users
Nucleus just updated Orientation is August 7th! Its getting scary how close we are to starting this journey :eek:

In theory if my letter accepting my wait list spot does not arrive in time am I automatically rejected?

Based on the Facebook group, the class has 96 people

Do you guys think not having a letter from a DO will
Put you on the waitlist?

Nope. I just have an MD letter and I was accepted back in early October.
Yea I don't have either.... hopefully that's not what's keeping me from getting accepted I've been waitlisted at 2 schools already

Yea I don't have either.... hopefully that's not what's keeping me from getting accepted I've been waitlisted at 2 schools already

I didn't have a letter from either and I was interviewed in Oct if that helps.

Hey guys! For those waitlisted there is a lot of hope! Plenty of people in my current class were first waitlisted and I think even some people were accepted really close to orientation day. DO schools especially give out a lot of acceptances early and then slowly move people off waitlist as some of the accepted students decline the offer! Remember you have about a month (I think) to accept the acceptance via deposit, so plenty of time for movement off the waitlist.

Plus, if you are waitlisted this means the school is interested in you!! Aka - you have what it takes. So even if for some reason you don't make it this round, if you really want this... try again. I got in on my second round (and the average attempts to get in the medical school is usually 2-3 attempts). If you're getting interviews, that a great thing!

Best of luck :) Stay positive

Is there a link for the portal so that I can check for the status? I keep going over all the emails and I can't find anything :/

Thats the status portal lol. If you get accepted it will change to an admissions deposit and extra boxes will appear for final transcripts, tech requirements etc.
Ooh ok gotcha. I kept hearing about a different one. Thank you!

If I have not taken any additional classes since my last transcript I sent for the application process, do I have to send another final transcript to PCOM?

I interview this Friday and I'm excited! This is my top choice, however I would like to know if all seats have been offered (aka I will be attending a WL interview) or if there are some still available. I know it's a stretch to think that anyone is 100% certain, but I'm waiting to hear back from other schools as well, and this could very well be the most costly portion of the app process if I put down a non-refundable deposit and end up changing over to another school, thus paying another deposit. Any input is much appreciated!

I interview this Friday and I'm excited! This is my top choice, however I would like to know if all seats have been offered (aka I will be attending a WL interview) or if there are some still available. I know it's a stretch to think that anyone is 100% certain, but I'm waiting to hear back from other schools as well, and this could very well be the most costly portion of the app process if I put down a non-refundable deposit and end up changing over to another school, thus paying another deposit. Any input is much appreciated!

From being in this thread it looks like every seat is filled. I interviewed late January and was WL'd.

From being in this thread it looks like every seat is filled. I interviewed late January and was WL'd.

Ah! Well, the bright side is that Osteopathic schools tend to have fairly mobile WL's. I'm just hoping that it remains true over time for this school.

Wait listed. :(
I knew the class was pretty much full when I interviewed. Hopefully I'll get pulled off in April or May and will have a chance to go to this awesome school.

Wait listed. :(
I knew the class was pretty much full when I interviewed. Hopefully I'll get pulled off in April or May and will have a chance to go to this awesome school.
When did they interview you if you don't mind me asking?

Out of curiosity, did other wait listers send their wait list response via email or snail mail? I emailed it, so I'm hoping that's ok.

Last edited:
Just interviewed today. It was a rather large interview group...32 iirc. I hope the writing assignment bears no huge weight on the decision just cause I slaughtered the interview, but was a little less clear on my written portion... which they mentioned haha so we'll see.