Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone help me fill out the technical standards form? Is this something that needs to be printed, hand filled out, then scanned and emailed?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone help me fill out the technical standards form? Is this something that needs to be printed, hand filled out, then scanned and emailed?
I just filled out the form that was in the acceptance mail(by hand), took a picture with my phone and sent them by email. I received my login info to nucleus few days later.. and I hope this is all we had to do?

I'm a current student here so I can answer your question. Every year, the previous class creates a google drive with all of the books and resources you will need to get through first year. If you are a person who uses hard copies, I would suggest buying them from upperclassmen. If you are accepted and added to the Facebook page, you will be able to contact upperclassmen there, but I could also add you to another group that is solely for selling stuff if you are accepted!
Yep I have already been accepted and I'd love to take a look at the group. Id probably want hard copies of everything unfortunately lol. I am not sure if they have done the official Facebook yet, or I'm just not on it yet!

I am an accepted student. Can anyone provide a link to the group facebook page?

Reactions: 1 user
Yep I have already been accepted and I'd love to take a look at the group. Id probably want hard copies of everything unfortunately lol. I am not sure if they have done the official Facebook yet, or I'm just not on it yet!
They will add you to it once it's created!

Official acceptance by mail today (Interviewed November 4), however I am going to turn down the spot for my state school in which I was already accepted!

Completed since August 29th and still haven't heard. Is this a silent rejection?

So guys, my portal changed to include this:

Thank you for your interest in PCOM! Below are important details regarding your application for admission. The grid below summarizes your application including notification of required items received/processed by the Office of Admissions to date.
  • Please note, due to volume, that it takes at least 15 business days for items received by the Office of Admissions to be processed to an application for admission.

I remember someone saying that when they got accepted, they had instructions to submit the deposit via the portal so I can only assume this is a WL/Rejection? Would be a bummer mostly because I thought I rocked the interview, and honestly am not even sure on how to improve from there.

Edit: Yup, seems like other accepted students have gotten the exact same message except that they got the link to put down the deposit. Can anyone else confirm this for me please?

Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for your interest in PCOM! Below are important details regarding your application for admission. The grid below summarizes your application including notification of required items received/processed by the Office of Admissions to date.
  • Please note, due to volume, that it takes at least 15 business days for items received by the Office of Admissions to be processed to an application for admission.

I remember someone saying that when they got accepted, they had instructions to submit the deposit via the portal so I can only assume this is a WL/Rejection? Would be a bummer mostly because I thought I rocked the interview, and honestly am not even sure on how to improve from there.

Edit: Yup, seems like other accepted students have gotten the exact same message except that they got the link to put down the deposit. Can anyone else confirm this for me please?

I wouldn't freak out just yet friend! Just checked mine and I have no changes. Wait at least until Monday:nod:

I wouldn't freak out just yet friend! Just checked mine and I have no changes. Wait at least until Monday:nod:

Thanks for the concern! I guess I just wish I knew whether or not what I did for that interview worked or not and to either emulate that performance, or change it up for my next big interview coming up Monday morning. I know, first world problem lol. It's all about dem interviewing gains.

Thanks for the concern! I guess I just wish I knew whether or not what I did for that interview worked or not and to either emulate that performance, or change it up for my next big interview coming up Monday morning. I know, first world problem lol. It's all about dem interviewing gains.
Someone on the Philly pcom had same message and suspected their portal was messing up. They ended up accepted but not sure if that had anything to do with it. It was probably just the portal messing up honestly, but hopefully its an early sign for good news :).

Reactions: 1 users
They ended up accepted but not sure if that had anything to do with it.
That's all I needed to read. I'll take it lol. Thanks for the reply. :)

Just wait for the decision letter. There is no point in checking the portal every five minutes.

Just wait for the decision letter. There is no point in checking the portal every five minutes.
Obviously lol. I have only checked twice since my interview on 11/11/16. My group should be hearing news soon anyways by early this week.

Accepted! And this is my top school! (11/17)
Interviewed 11/4
Secondary completed 8/1

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
I think I just got accepted!!!!!!!

Portal Changed to

• The required tuition deposit of $250 can be submitted online via echeck or credit card (payment via credit card includes processing fee) by December 18th, 2016.
    Click here to proceed to payment
    . Please note that payments will not appear as received below until 24 hours after submission
Is this right!?!?!?!?!?

Reactions: 13 users

Portal Changed to

• The required tuition deposit of $250 can be submitted online via echeck or credit card (payment via credit card includes processing fee) by December 18th, 2016.
    . Please note that payments will not appear as received below until 24 hours after submission
Is this right!?!?!?!?!?
Congrats!!!!!! :)

Portal Changed to

Is this right!?!?!?!?!?
Congrats

Portal Changed to

Is this right!?!?!?!?!?

THATS MAH BOIIIIIIIIII, congrats fam :)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

Portal Changed to

Is this right!?!?!?!?!?

Yea buddy! Congrats!

Portal Changed to

Is this right!?!?!?!?!?

CONGRATS!!!!! YAY!

So is there just one person accepted from this group or is everyone being humble?

I interviewed November 11 and nothing has changed in my portal and I have not received a letter in the mail yet.

I interviewed November 11 and nothing has changed in my portal and I have not received a letter in the mail yet.
I am in the same boat. I'm trying really hard not to self destruct before I am sure everyone has received a decision.

Im sure not everyones portal changed at the same time. Mine didnt change till around 4pm a few weeks ago.. I think for sanity reasons, future students should focus on the letters and not the portal! Good luck to everyone.

My last name is at the beginning of the alphabet if that helps. Give them time. A lot of people didn't see any changes til later in the afternoon.

Portal Changed to

Is this right!?!?!?!?!?

+1! Let's go. :D

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 11/11
Accepted via portal 11/21/16 and my name is at the end of the alphabet if that helps lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I feel like I talked to you guys at the interview haha. The guys I talked to were all from South Florida as well :p

I feel like I talked to you guys at the interview haha. The guys I talked to were all from South Florida as well :p
Middle table for lunch? If so then yes lol.

Guys stop worrying about this. I was interviewed end of Jan waitlisted two weeks later then accepted on the week of orientation. Just chill. Go enjoy your holiday.

Guys stop worrying about this. I was interviewed end of Jan waitlisted two weeks later then accepted on the week of orientation. Just chill. Go enjoy your holiday.
Could you PM me your stats

Has anyone done the MHQ and immunization stuff yet? on the website (nuclues) it says complete it in 8 weeks after receiving pcom email id.
Does anyone know if we are getting more information on these stuff by mail later?