Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does this school do email or phone calls for IIs?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Wow this school has a HUGE racial bias. The class of 2015 has 179 whites, 24 blacks, and ONLY 14 ASIANS. ARE U KIDDING ME???? Asians by in large have higher stats than blacks and equal or more than whites. Screw this holistic process PC crap.

Is this a joke? I'm sitting in the library now and there are at least 20 asian people around me. PCOM is pretty diverse. Class of 2020 is 51% women as well. Woo!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! Got a call from philly today and thought it was just wrong number/spam, just making sure lol

Maybe call them back to double check? I'm not sure if they give out II via phone as well, but mine was via email.

Reactions: 1 user
I got a phone call for my II asking if I could come in the next day, so that was a little unexpected. Maybe they just do that for people they know are in the area. I still can't really figure it out. But it confirms that they do call people occasionally

will supplemental have a date posted on the portal?? or is the date column supposed to be blank??

How long did it take you guys to get something populated into the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" box in the Received column??? My supplemental application shows date of "Oct 18, 2016" in the received column but my "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" box is still empty so I'm assuming I am still not complete. Over 15 days already pretty normal?

How long did it take you guys to get something populated into the "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" box in the Received column??? My supplemental application shows date of "Oct 18, 2016" in the received column but my "Pre-Health Advsr/Committee" box is still empty so I'm assuming I am still not complete. Over 15 days already pretty normal?

I had the same issue. This is the email I got back. They had to re download my app. Hope that helps!
ImageUploadedBySDN1478561399.374666.jpg

Just email them saying you have a committee letter on AACOMAS noting who it was written by and your ID #. They're pretty quick at resolving it. I had the same issue, and it was processed the day I emailed them.

Do I have any chance: NY resident, 3.5gpa and 500 MCAT (124,126,125,125)?

I completed my secondary 8/11 and still haven't heard anything... OOS since 2012, but grew up near Philadelphia. 3.4, 505.

Any thoughts? Encouraging words... ? :xf:

I completed my secondary 8/11 and still haven't heard anything... OOS since 2012, but grew up near Philadelphia. 3.4, 505.

Any thoughts? Encouraging words... ? :xf:

Same I been complete since7/26 and nothing OOS.

/anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when the last round of decisions went out/when next wave is coming?

II invite earlier today. 3.6s, 3.8c, 507. Submitted secondary first week of August.

Reactions: 5 users
Just received an interview! 12/5, 12:00! This is my top choice. SO excited. Submitted 10/3

3.5c, 3.4s, 504

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people interview and how many offers they give out?

I really want this school and was going to send an update letter but how do you go about sending it? And what are somethings that should be include and some that shouldnt? Thank you so much in advance!

As of Monday this will be my 9th week of waiting :( fellow SDNers help me out

Using last year's thread, acceptances were received November 18th for October 15-Nov? That will probably be when we'll hear something as well.

Using last year's thread, acceptances were received November 18th for October 15-Nov? That will probably be when we'll hear something as well.

I hope we hear back soon! We interviewed the same day.

As of Monday this will be my 9th week of waiting :( fellow SDNers help me out

Don't know if this help you out but I was complete Aug 1, so thats about 15 weeks of waiting. No news or contact at all...

Reactions: 6 users
I was complete on Aug 5, II on Oct 7, interview on Oct 14, still waiting to hear back! Hopefully soon!!! This is my #1

I am so, so into this school that I've been pretending I didn't interview here just so I'm not spending every second thinking about it. Clearly my sanity is intact and I'm managing stress very well PTA @ med school. Anyway, anyone have any stats on interview vs. acceptance? Desperation Level 1000000000

I am so, so into this school that I've been pretending I didn't interview here just so I'm not spending every second thinking about it. Clearly my sanity is intact and I'm managing stress very well PTA @ med school. Anyway, anyone have any stats on interview vs. acceptance? Desperation Level 1000000000

You're holding up so well. We are v proud. Looking for the same info.

II JUST NOW!!!! Complete 8/1, LizzyM ~65. How open are they to changing the interview date that they scheduled you for? They scheduled me for 12/1 but I cannot attend that date

Reactions: 3 users
II JUST NOW!!!! Complete 8/1, LizzyM ~65. How open are they to changing the interview date that they scheduled you for? They scheduled me for 12/1 but I cannot attend that date

Congrats! They gave me a date for which I had another interview scheduled. I called, and they were receptive to changing it for me. Good luck!

Congrats! They gave me a date for which I had another interview scheduled. I called, and they were receptive to changing it for me. Good luck!
Thank you! Do you mind speaking about interview day? I'd like to hear about it :D

Thank you! Do you mind speaking about interview day? I'd like to hear about it :D

Very typical interview day. Everyone was welcoming and friendly. Interview was laid-back. You'll do great!

I interview here tomorrow, yay!

If I accidentally call it "Pee-COM" instead of "P-C-O-M", will they throw me in the trash?

I interview here tomorrow, yay!

If I accidentally call it "Pee-COM" instead of "P-C-O-M", will they throw me in the trash?

Did the same thing at "Uni-com" still seeing how that works out. I had heard this is the pet peeve for them but I wouldn't be too worried.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how many people interview and how many offers they give out?

For the class of 2020, there were 10,000 apps, 748 interviews, 392 acceptances, and we have a class of 280. Hope this helps!

My online status page has been acting really weird lately, anyone else having problems accessing it/see any differences recently?

My online status page has been acting really weird lately, anyone else having problems accessing it/see any differences recently?

What do you mean by acting weird? Mine seems to be the same. I wonder if they change it after the interview/decision.

What do you mean by acting weird? Mine seems to be the same. I wonder if they change it after the interview/decision.
I checked it earlier today and I seen all the text that is usually there gone, and all it said was "Due to high volume, 15 days blah blah" then checked it again like 15 minutes ago and it looks the same as it used to with all the normal text back. I'm worried I just got my rejection. lmao.

I checked it earlier today and I seen all the text that is usually there gone, and all it said was "Due to high volume, 15 days blah blah" then checked it again like 15 minutes ago and it looks the same as it used to with all the normal text back. I'm worried I just got my rejection. lmao.

I've been stalking my mailman these few days hoping to get a letter from PCOM! We're just being neurotic premeds!