Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes of course. Usually (not in all cases) the acceptance letter will precede the portal change to pay the deposit.

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile
Thank you very much for your quick reply! My portal has changed couple of days ago but I never got a letter :(

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do you recieve your portal information via an email post interview? Just curious bc I only have a application status portal.

I didn't get any e-mails, I just logged into my app status portal and instead of a long text explaining the procedure there was a short link to pay $250 deposit, still no letter tho.....

PCOM show me some looove!:arghh: Really want that II
has anyone receive one this last few days?

Reactions: 3 users
PCOM show me some looove!:arghh: Really want that II
has anyone receive one this last few days?

I feel the same way. I REALLY want an II from this school! It is my #1 choice by a large margin.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Q for current students: if I only live 20-30 min away, is it worth living at home and saving money or should I try to get a place closer to school?

Q for current students: if I only live 20-30 min away, is it worth living at home and saving money or should I try to get a place closer to school?

I'm not a current student, but I met a few students who lived an hour away in Delaware and were doing fine. Since lecture attendance isn't mandatory, you don't need to come to campus everyday.

Also, some students live in Center City, which is already like a 15 min drive. So if your drive is 20-30 min. it doesn't sound like a big deal at all.

I live in Center City currently and will most likely be moving to be closer to the school. But the previous answer is true as well! Do what you feel is best for your based on how you learn best.

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys! I had an interview scheduled for 12/19 but will be leaving the country the day before. I called admissions to ask to reschedule but they said the earliest they have is some time in january and nothing before 12/19. does anyone know if delaying my interview by several weeks will put me at a disadvantage? does PCOM even interview at all between 12/19 and 1/1? PCOM is my #1 choice so I really didn't want to have to reschedule..but I had no choice due to all the plans that have already been made for my trip abroad :( thank you!

Interviewing 12/5. I plan to spend the day before visiting the city and the local area. Does anyone know where the majority of OOS students live? I'd like to get a feel for the area (preparing for he best outcome).

Also where do most people stay when visiting? What are some hotels in the area outside of the Hilton? It's is a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

hey guys! I had an interview scheduled for 12/19 but will be leaving the country the day before. I called admissions to ask to reschedule but they said the earliest they have is some time in january and nothing before 12/19. does anyone know if delaying my interview by several weeks will put me at a disadvantage? does PCOM even interview at all between 12/19 and 1/1? PCOM is my #1 choice so I really didn't want to have to reschedule..but I had no choice due to all the plans that have already been made for my trip abroad :( thank you!
Just reschedule the interview and enjoy your trip. It's not worth losing sleep over. At the end of the day, you have an II. Be grateful for that :). I'd love to receive an interview at PCOM (still holding out hope)!

Interviewing 12/5. I plan to spend the day before visiting the city and the local area. Does anyone know where the majority of OOS students live? I'd like to get a feel for the area (preparing for he best outcome).

Also where do most people stay when visiting? What are some hotels in the area outside of the Hilton? It's is a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Why not go with an Airbnb instead?

Sent from my SM-N920T using SDN mobile

II today for 12/5. I submitted my secondary in September but my application was not marked complete until last week (after I emailed admissions as suggested in this thread). This is my first II this cycle - couldn't be more excited!! Good luck to those still waiting.

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys, I just got an II for 12/5! Does anyone who interviewed already remember what the interview was like?

Reactions: 1 users
II today for 12/5. I submitted my secondary in September but my application was not marked complete until last week (after I emailed admissions as suggested in this thread). This is my first II this cycle - couldn't be more excited!! Good luck to those still waiting.

Hi guys, I just got an II for 12/5! Does anyone who interviewed already remember what the interview was like?

Congrats guys! Mind sharing when you are complete?

Congrats! The interview was very laid back. I had two interviewers in the room, one a physician/professor, the other a committee staff member who was VERY friendly :) (although there were several different groups of interviewers that people got randomly assigned to). As far as questions asked, go to 'Interview feedback' at the top of this page and search for the school. Basically all the questions I got asked were posted on there, so I felt very prepared.

Reactions: 2 users

Congrats on II! I interviewed 10/14. It was very conversational, with pretty standard questions throughout. I had two interviewers (one MS and one member of the admissions committee). I would know your application well. They want to get to know you as a person, so just be yourself, take a deep breath, and relax. My interview lasted a bit longer than 30 minutes because I was asked a lot of follow-up questions based on my responses/app. I thought the entire day was a great experience overall. It started off with breakfast with a current student, then a tour with a group of students, an introductory OMM video, and ended with the interview. By the time you get to that point, you'll be so pumped to go there that you'll be excited to show your strengths as a candidate. Be confident, you got this!

Congrats and good luck! Did it come via email?

I have been complete since September here and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back for an II?

I have been complete since September here and haven't heard anything yet. Does anyone know how long it will take to hear back for an II?

I think it's different for everyone, but for what it's worth: complete 8/1; II 10/7; interviewed 1o/14.

Does anyone know if they send out pre-II rejections?

Congrats on II! I interviewed 10/14. It was very conversational, with pretty standard questions throughout. I had two interviewers (one MS and one member of the admissions committee). I would know your application well. They want to get to know you as a person, so just be yourself, take a deep breath, and relax. My interview lasted a bit longer than 30 minutes because I was asked a lot of follow-up questions based on my responses/app. I thought the entire day was a great experience overall. It started off with breakfast with a current student, then a tour with a group of students, an introductory OMM video, and ended with the interview. By the time you get to that point, you'll be so pumped to go there that you'll be excited to show your strengths as a candidate. Be confident, you got this!

Thanks!!! Was it awkward to have 2 people there?

Thanks!!! Was it awkward to have 2 people there?

Not at all. They flip-flopped asking questions. It didn't feel robotic at all, in fact it actually flowed quite well. Just remember to acknowledge/make eye contact with everyone in the room when you're speaking regardless of who posed the question. Basic people skills type deal. You'll be fine!

Anyone know how long this school's interview session lasts? I've been complete since August and haven't heard a thing so should I just assume rejection because the schools I did get into are asking for deposits soon...

Anyone know how long this school's interview session lasts? I've been complete since August and haven't heard a thing so should I just assume rejection because the schools I did get into are asking for deposits soon...

I would make the deposit. At this point you can't know if you will get an II let alone get in. Secure your spot at your favorite school that you got accepted to. You can always back out and go to a better option if it comes by.

That's a non-issue, I'd save the money if I were you.

That being said, traffic can be gnarly cerca 8:30 and 5pm. If you like to be on campus, just expect to adjust your departure times.

"Supplement received" confirmation on Nov 22nd. Hopefully something good comes back soon!

Last edited:
So my acceptance letter was mailed out on 10/14, I never received it but confirmed my acceptance today. I interviewed on September 28th. Can somebody help me with technical standards, where do I get it? What else was in the acceptance packet? Could somebody please private message me with that info? Help is HIGHLY appreciated!!! Good luck to ALL!

By "marked complete", do you just mean on the status page there was something in the received column for every requirement?

Interviewed today, really impressed!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone have an idea of when orientation and classes start for first years? I know the white coat ceremony is some time in October.

Anybody know when the technical standards sheet is due? Just sometime before matriculation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

Anybody know when the technical standards sheet is due? Just sometime before matriculation?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SDN mobile

I filled mine out, scanned it and sent it in ASAP. A few days later I received an email saying they haven't received it yet and my seat can't be saved until they receive it. I resent it and a few days later I received an email with my PCOM email address and welcome packet. If you don't send it in within a week or two they email you.