Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reactions: 1 user
Same here. Complete August 17th and silence...

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile
Hang in there. Last year my friend didn't get an II until end of December and acceptance end of January. There's still plenty of time in the application cycle. Beginning of December only half the seats were filled. I know the waiting game sucks. Sending you the best wishes and vibes.

Accepted today, probably won't accept the offer. Good luck to you all! :D

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone from 12/12 hear back? Feeling super discouraged...

Ugh. The holiday season giveth and the holiday season taketh.

-I was able to get in contact with the PCOM Doc that I shadowed and they agreed to write me an LOR! (Giveth)
-Unfortunately they won't be back in town until the first week of January (Taketh)

I was complete Nov. 3rd, so my app isn't THAT old. But, it's not like I can call PCOM and say "Hey PCOM, I'm sending you an LOR, I PROMISE. So, please take that into consideration when looking at my app."

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
Ugh. The holiday season giveth and the holiday season taketh.

-I was able to get in contact with the PCOM Doc that I shadowed and they agreed to write me an LOR! (Giveth)
-Unfortunately they won't be back in town until the first week of January (Taketh)

I was complete Nov. 3rd, so my app isn't THAT old. But, it's not like I can call PCOM and say "Hey PCOM, I'm sending you an LOR, I PROMISE. So, please take that into consideration when looking at my app." :mad::D

Is your app considered complete right now without that letter?

Interviewed 12/5, still nothing in the mail.......

PCOM send me some love. ANyone not heard anything? I;ve been complete since august and sitting in the silent

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hoping 2017 shows me more love than 2016

Anyone else waiting to hear back? Interviewed 12/1. Not sure if no news is bad news in this case.

I'm not a current student, but I met a few students who lived an hour away in Delaware and were doing fine. Since lecture attendance isn't mandatory, you don't need to come to campus everyday.

Also, some students live in Center City, which is already like a 15 min drive. So if your drive is 20-30 min. it doesn't sound like a big deal at all.

It's kinda annoying first trimester for anatomy lab. I live in an apartment complex directly next to school and it was really nice to be able to walk home, eat dinner/grab my car, and head back during the hell/loads of fun that is SPOM. I definitely would not like to live further than 15 minutes from school, but that's because I go to class/the library often.

Was complete late july. If i haven't heard anything is that a silent rejection? Sorry if this was asked already. First time checking this thread on sdn

It's kinda annoying first trimester for anatomy lab. I live in an apartment complex directly next to school and it was really nice to be able to walk home, eat dinner/grab my car, and head back during the hell/loads of fun that is SPOM. I definitely would not like to live further than 15 minutes from school, but that's because I go to class/the library often.

There are several apartment complexes near the school. Do you mind sharing which one you're in and if you like it there? I'm apartment searching at the moment!

Does the school notify for interview by email?

I believe they interview to march. Keep your heads up guys

Hey how receptive is this school for update notes? Also, dont intend on getting a DO LOR, do you think that would really hurt my app?
Thank you.

II today, but not planning to attend. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

i have my interview on 1/3 and have the 12pm interview. Does that mean I get there at 12 or do I get there in the morning still?

i have my interview on 1/3 and have the 12pm interview. Does that mean I get there at 12 or do I get there in the morning still?
Check invite and confirmation emails. If still unsure, contact the admissions office.

Anyone know if PCOM does ward- or preceptor-based rotations?

II yesterday! Complete 9/10

Anyone know if PCOM does ward- or preceptor-based rotations?

Let me put it to you this way... if you go to PCOM, you don't need to worry about any of this stuff. They've been doing this for long enough that we could sit back, rela--STUDY OUR ASSES OFF, and not have to worry about the semantics.

Let me put it to you this way... if you go to PCOM, you don't need to worry about any of this stuff. They've been doing this for long enough that we could sit back, rela--STUDY OUR ASSES OFF, and not have to worry about the semantics.

You're right. I wonder if any DO schools have ward-based rotations...

I think some do. But I've been told that the lack of ward-based rotations is one of the downsides of the DO route. After talking with some students who are currently doing preceptor based rotations I think the quality of the rotation is dependent on each site. I'm sure PCOM has some very good clinicians to set you up with... which may not be true at other schools...

The state schools do. A student I talked to said PCOM has a mix of ward and preceptors, but with 250 students everyone's experience is probably a little different.

I received an interview today after being complete WAAYY back in August so keep your head up those who are still waiting!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 6 users
I was complete in early September and just received an II today! Don't give up hope yet!

Reactions: 6 users
I had an interview on wednesday and they told us that they haven't even filled up half of their class yet

Reactions: 8 users
I had an interview on wednesday and they told us that they haven't even filled up half of their class yet

Good to know! Hopefully that means more II for us still waiting!

I was complete in early September and just received an II today! Don't give up hope yet!
I was complete late September but haven't heard anything yet, so that's good news :)

Just posting in to let you guys know that I got my interview invite in February and was accepted into March last year. I was also completed in August.

Just stay patient!

Reactions: 7 users