Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What's the latest mcat they accept?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know how often the committee meets to make decisions after interviews?

I emailed both campuses with a question and they both responded within 15 minutes. That's impressive compared to other schools, that's all I have to say.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
So, my application was complete last July (2016) and I have yet to hear a peep. Are they still sending out IIs?
(I have well above average stats for the school, unique life experiences, non-trad, neighboring state, blah, blah, blah)

Reactions: 1 users
So, my application was complete last July (2016) and I have yet to hear a peep. Are they still sending out IIs?
(I have well above average stats for the school, unique life experiences, non-trad, neighboring state, blah, blah, blah)
Yes. They don't send out official rejections until the end of the cycle, so you won't know your status.

I know some people that interviewed last week have already heard back, but is there anyone that interviewed 1/18 or 1/19 that is still waiting for a response? Getting super antsy now that I know people have already received responses.

I know some people that interviewed last week have already heard back, but is there anyone that interviewed 1/18 or 1/19 that is still waiting for a response? Getting super antsy now that I know people have already received responses.

I interviewed last week and am still waiting!

Phew! That makes me feel better! I know it's still super early, I was just really surprised when I found out some people got decisions already.

Some people who interviewed the week of 1/17 received decisions already?!?!?!? ::starts praying::

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know they did?! I interviewed 1/9 and haven't heard back.

I don't know if they did; I was asking the question. I thought I read in a previous post that someone who interviewed 1/18 or 1/19 received a decision, but maybe I misunderstood. If that were true, I'd be surprised (and hoping I'll hear something soon also). The AdCom meets once per month and letters are sent within a week of the meeting. Based on my calculation and what I've read here, the AdCom likely won't meet again until mid-Feb.

Yes, I was paranoid enough to sit down and figure this all out. Let's see if I'm right. :laugh:

I don't know if they did; I was asking the question. I thought I read in a previous post that someone who interviewed 1/18 or 1/19 received a decision, but maybe I misunderstood. If that were true, I'd be surprised (and hoping I'll hear something soon also). The AdCom meets once per month and letters are sent within a week of the meeting. Based on my calculation and what I've read here, the AdCom likely won't meet again until mid-Feb.

Yes, I was paranoid enough to sit down and figure this all out. Let's see if I'm right. :laugh:

Apparently they met 1/20 based on the dates on some people's acceptance letters.

I feel so dumb, people said they interviewed on 12/19 and heard back on the 20th. I thought they wrote 1/19, hence my confusion. So sorry for the confusion; it's been a long exam week!

Reactions: 1 user
t
The GA and the Philly interview were two totally different interviews in my opinion. GA is a smaller campus so the tour isn't as long, there is a catered lunch, and the interview group was slightly larger. You also have to do a 30 minute writing section and answer about 6 questions. Closed file.

The Philly interview was a little more formal but I still thought it went well. It was open file and you don't have questions before hand. We literally took a tour, ate some breakfast and talked to some second years and then interviewed and went home. Hope this helps! I thought both campus interviews were great and each one offers something unique!

thank you so much!

I emailed the school my letter of updates directly and they said they are not accepting any updates from students. Should I try through interfolio? I never used it before. Or are they kind of saying that I'm rejected?

I emailed the school my letter of updates directly and they said they are not accepting any updates from students. Should I try through interfolio? I never used it before. Or are they kind of saying that I'm rejected?

Yeah that's odd.. I asked about an academic update and they said via AACOMAS was fine (for the PA campus.)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I emailed them an update (not a LOR) about volunteer work and they said they added it to my file. This was much earlier in the cycle though

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Late notice, but I just cancelled my interview for Feb. 3. Thought I would post on here in case anyone wants to try to grab an earlier date.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just received login info but it doesn't work

...I just want to be part of the team :-|

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if this school is still sending out IIs? I have been complete since October 2016 and haven't heard anything yet.

Reactions: 1 user
Same. Come on PCOM, show me some love!!!!!

It seems like most II's are sent out around one month before the interview. So today being February 1st, I would assume they are booked through March. Being realistic, unless you have an insanely high MCAT and/or GPA, your chances of getting an interview at this point are very slim. I say this as PCOM was one of my top choices but I can't afford to wait any longer.

I am closing the book on this cycle so I can focus on finding my living arrangements in New Mexico.

Good luck y'all

Reactions: 3 users
Complete 8/18. Received II on 1/31. I interview on 2/9 next week!!! Excited :)

Reactions: 7 users
Phinally!! Received an II this morning for Feb 24th. I had given up on PCOM basically.

Reactions: 9 users
anyone know until when they offer interviews? A friend of mine got offered pretty late last cycle, close to April if I remember, but I am not sure if that's typical.

I have a friend who interviewed on 1/19. Do you know if they will be releasing decisions soon?