Philadelphia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
cheesesteak vendors - yum :)

all the philly native's i met said pat's and geno's are the only places to go, but lately i have been hearing that jim's is better - what's up with that?

i second the reading terminal market - it is heaven. however, you will be missing out on some of the heaven as they have a lot of things to buy and cook later (meat, seafood, etc)

*sad face* i miss philly...
Pat's and Geno's are tourists destinations. Did Geno's, or was it Pat's, ever take down that foreign language sign? Also, what's with the rudeness at Geno's and ordering? Wit Whiz? Give me a break. I'd like a cheesteak with onions and whiz, please. Thanks, have a great day. Oh darn, I just earned a spot at the back of the line.

Jim's is touristy too, but not nearly as much. I've waited there one time for almost an hour to get a cheesesteak (it was my first)... the second time it was about a half hour. Time passes though when you're reading the wall.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all of you philadelphians-- the eagles won this week, and some of us have been accepted to medical school. I think it's a good week. So good, that maybe we should celebrate by going to happy hour?? I just moved here recently and don't have a lot of friends in the area, certainly non that are free in two hours, and i really want to celebrate my Tufts acceptance! Anyone else here feel the need to celebrate? Let's all get together!

Hey all of you philadelphians-- the eagles won this week, and some of us have been accepted to medical school. I think it's a good week. So good, that maybe we should celebrate by going to happy hour?? I just moved here recently and don't have a lot of friends in the area, certainly non that are free in two hours, and i really want to celebrate my Tufts acceptance! Anyone else here feel the need to celebrate? Let's all get together!
Sorry, microlab pre-lab lecture ;). Plus, its dodgy of where I could go without an id, and that's a big no no. Congratulations thought, Doctor Aaj.

Members don't see this ad :)
meh, class, i understand. one of my old college roommates *might* be able to go out, so i'm deciding between Wok (walnut between 16&17, GREAT crab rangoon), Bump (13th& Locust, gay bar but GREAT $3 martini list), and el vez (13&sansom, BEST margaritas ever), although i'm open to suggestions. come on party people!

meh, class, i understand. one of my old college roommates *might* be able to go out, so i'm deciding between Wok (walnut between 16&17, GREAT crab rangoon), Bump (13th& Locust, gay bar but GREAT $3 martini list), and el vez (13&sansom, BEST margaritas ever), although i'm open to suggestions. come on party people!

Ooh... Bump is fun, although it's weird how many people don't realize that it's a "gay" bar. [I can share very funny stories about some really confused and clueless people.] (I like looking at the guys who go there, though ;) even if I'm not their preferred gender.) I love El Vez, too.

Aqua isn't bad either, although I haven't been there at night. If you like Southeast Asian food, that might be a good choice. Continental is good, but it's pretty pricey.

Congratulations on getting into med school!!! :hardy: That's great news!

Ooh... Bump is fun, although it's weird how many people don't realize that it's a "gay" bar. [I can share very funny stories about some really confused and clueless people.] (I like looking at the guys who go there, though ;) even if I'm not their preferred gender.) I love El Vez, too.

Aqua isn't bad either, although I haven't been there at night. If you like Southeast Asian food, that might be a good choice. Continental is good, but it's pretty pricey.

Congratulations on getting into med school!!! :hardy: That's great news!

Smq, you live in philly? Which school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and in response to something you said in another thread, I also think OB/GYN seems pretty interesting (granted I have very little to base this interest on). It seems like a great combination of surgery and primary care, and you work has a huge impact on your patients. Its too bad there are some major disincentives (huge malpractive, terrible hours/lifestyle). I actually saw the end of a c-section today! It was amazing seeing a baby going from being a part of its mother to a complete independent being only a couple of seconds old.

Smq, you live in philly? Which school do you go to if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and in response to something you said in another thread, I also think OB/GYN seems pretty interesting (granted I have very little to base this interest on). It seems like a great combination of surgery and primary care, and you work has a huge impact on your patients. Its too bad there are some major disincentives (huge malpractive, terrible hours/lifestyle). I actually saw the end of a c-section today! It was amazing seeing a baby going from being a part of its mother to a complete independent being only a couple of seconds old.

Yes - I go to Jefferson. If anyone reading this thread has questions about Jefferson, feel free to PM me. It might take a while to get back to you, but I will. (Eventually.)

I'm sending you a PM for the rest - easier than derailing a thread! :)