Phone call from Stanford?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sorrento

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone get the good news phone call from Stanford last night?

Still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

didn't hear squat last night. went bonkers staring at my phone all night. when my parents called i almost had a heart attack picking up the phone (im FINE mom, i have to go NOW!!!) when did you interview? i went on jan. 16. i have a friend that interviewed on jan. 8 and he hasn't heard either. but there's this guy on interview feedback that interviewed "mid-jan." whatever the hell that means and got in a week and a half later (wtf?).

to other stanford interviewees:
please post when you interviewed and if you've heard anything or nothing just so we can get an idea of what they're up to.

hey choker, I did the same thing - a friend called and I picked up after about half a ring.

funny, we interviewed together. You must have been the token new york fellow amongst our crew of "older ladies." ;) since neither of us has heard yet, maybe they just haven't looked at those of us from the 16th ... right? right?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey yeah!!!

that's me! which one were you? where did you sit at the table during the information session?

yeah, i like how i was the only one there that 1)wasn't a female 2) was still in school 3) was not from northern california.

I was the one who was late. Oops.

so, please forgive if i am wrong, were you the one that also had a 9am interview? i think i walked out of the MSOB building towards my interview with you. you are taking a year off from school to take it easy and do this and that right now, right?

Yep, that was me! I desperately needed coffee at that point, having driven like a madwoman from SF with no time to caffeinate. I eventually got it, but not in time for the 9am interview. sigh.

Good luck to you, from your other Stanford posts it sounds like it's your top choice ... I loved it there, too, but stanford rejected me for undergrad so I have a bit of a complex and am trying not to get my hopes up only to have them dashed once again ... :)

thanks, good luck to you too. i really loved stanford. while i have a list of about 10 schools that i would absolutely kill to go to, stanford is at the (almost) very very top. if i get that call (god willing), i'd withdraw from all but 1 school. i really loved everything about that school.

wish you the best of luck and please post as soon as you hear anything!

about your complex sorrento,
i was rejected from stanford for undergrad and for medical school. i was pretty pissed about the med school rejection and was about to write them a letter when i got a letter from them saying that it was a mistake and to go ahead and do teh secondary! heheehhe

I interviewed on 12/20/01... but haven't hear anything yet.

ok guys, stop stressing out so much. i was just at stanford yesterday (thurs), and was told specifically that the committee cancelled its meeting last night cuz garcia is out of town. so don't worry!!! =)

I interviewed around 12/20 and when I called Stanford last week, my file had not even gone to committee yet...so don't stress too much if you haven't heard and recently interviewed...seems they are still catching up from holiday break.

this is exactly why this site is awesome. thanks guys!