phone calls on your behalf

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zosyn

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience or suggestions about whether it is appropriate, or even helpful, to get a faculty member or the chairman to make a phone call on your behalf to a program that you are very interested in? I heard that this is done commonly in some of the more competitive surgical subspecialities, but what about internal medicine?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

my advisor offered since he/she has strong ties with one of the chicago programs. i will see if i take him/her up on the offer when my interviews come to a close since it's a competitive program.
-s.

Does the phone call work better if it's during the interview or anytime is ok?

Originally posted by sanfilippo
my advisor offered since he/she has strong ties with one of the chicago programs. i will see if i take him/her up on the offer when my interviews come to a close since it's a competitive program.
-s.

Originally posted by cbc
Does the phone call work better if it's during the interview or anytime is ok?

:laugh:

Sorry, but that would be hilarious if an attending actually on your behalf while you were sitting there in front of the interviewer while doing your interview. Anytime is ok, but I suppose that it would leave your interviewer with a lasting impression if the dean of your med school called on your behalf during your interview.