Photo for secondary ?

Toutie

2+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2015
  1. Non-Student
    What kind of photo is acceptable for my secondary? I kind of want to submit one with my dog. Or should I keep formal to be safe?
    Is your dog also applying to medical school? o_O It needs to be of you.

Look professional. In a suit or a dress shirt is preferable. Shot from shoulders up. Solid background. Good lighting. Smile.

Reactions: 1 user
    About the Ads

Govols22

5+ Year Member
    Nov 30, 2015
    1. Medical Student
      Wear a suit and tie

Stand next to a neutral colored wall

Tilt your head 15 degrees to the right

Have a friend or family member take the picture from the head and shoulders

Boom you got yourself a headshot

Welshman

He runs like a Welshman
      5+ Year Member
      May 12, 2016
      1. Medical Student
        I like aesthetic of a natural background more than a wall so I used photo that was taken outside where the only thing in focus was me. if you take it on a non wall background ensure that you are the main subject and nothing distracting is going on.

Putting your dog in the photo is distracting to say the least but is also mind blowing and hilarious because of how ridiculous it is. Do you want to be known as the ridiculous applicant?

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.