Photos of Arizona's new clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
As most of you know, AZ is a new school (2 years old). So, we're done with the simlab and it's time for the D2 students to move on to the clinic and real patients!

The clinic building construction was completed just this week. Here are some photos of the clinic for those who are interested. The clinic building is accross the road from the didactic/simlab building. I'll post some photos of the interior (it's gorgeous!) when I get a chance.

Front of building:

Back entrance:

Front entrance:

View of building from the didactic building accross the road:

Members don't see this ad.

Looks nice~

How bout some pics of the interior as well?

Blue skies and palm trees are something we only dream about

Members don't see this ad :)
Can't wait to see what it looks like inside!!! :thumbup:

ItsGavinC said:
As most of you know, AZ is a new school (2 years old). So, we're done with the simlab and it's time for the D2 students to move on to the clinic and real patients!

The clinic building construction was completed just this week. Here are some photos of the clinic for those who are interested. The clinic building is accross the road from the didactic/simlab building. I'll post some photos of the interior (it's gorgeous!) when I get a chance.

Looks hot!

Err.... temperature, that is ;)

-Mike

Okay, here are some photos. We're getting close to beginning our treatment of classmates in the clinic, but the spaces are still pretty barren so there are a few things to move in still.

For example, these photos are of the waiting room, but there isn't much for the patients to wait on yet. :D

Billing/insurance windows:

More waiting room/billing area:

Waiting room/doors & windows leading to oral dx and tx planning:

Sterlization areas.

The red floor (dirty, dirty instruments) transitions to an orange floor (dirty instruments):

The orange floor (dirty instruments) transitions to a yellow floor (nearly clean instruments):

And the yellow floor transitions to a green floor (sterile instruments ready for dispersement):

Members don't see this ad :)
VERY impressive!

good post. seems very much like UNLV when it started at its new building.

Gavin, very nice bro!! I give it 2 of these ---> :thumbup:

Im sure you are excited to get in there and get your hands dirty (or clean, with that sweet machine).

Looks alittle to open for a dental school. You have to understand dental school patients are not normal. They bitch and whine 10 times more. I would have liked more seperation between the OP's

Other than that, nice set up!

ItsGavinC said:
Received my first 5 patients today and was able to review their records and call and schedule their appts. with them. Exciting stuff...

Cool!! Keep us posted! Would love to hear the progress and challanges presented, especially this being a brand new clinic. Congrats!

wimmcs said:
Cool!! Keep us posted! Would love to hear the progress and challanges presented, especially this being a brand new clinic. Congrats!

Suffice it to say, some of my patients are on boat-loads of meds (seriously). None of this "easy" stuff for our first pts., I suppose.
:)

Hey Gavin,
What's the ratio between ops and students in your new clinic? Does each student have thier own op during thier clinic years or do students rotate their times in the opratories?

Great looking clinic by the way!

i'ma big fan of the natural lighting, i'll be applying there this summer..

eric275 said:
Hey Gavin,
What's the ratio between ops and students in your new clinic? Does each student have thier own op during thier clinic years or do students rotate their times in the opratories?

Great looking clinic by the way!

Each student has their own operatory all of the time.

Remember that the D4 year will consist of rotations away as well as on-site clinic work, so students will spend a month in the clinic, then a month away, a month in the clinic, a month away, etc. for the entire year.

If ALL the D4 students were onsite at the same time they would have to share ops, but with rotations everybody (D3 and D4) will have their own chair.

It's great because right now we are the only class in the clinic, so technically we each have a chair and half for ourselves. :D

ItsGavinC said:
Each student has their own operatory all of the time.

Remember that the D4 year will consist of rotations away as well as on-site clinic work, so students will spend a month in the clinic, then a month away, a month in the clinic, a month away, etc. for the entire year.

If ALL the D4 students were onsite at the same time they would have to share ops, but with rotations everybody (D3 and D4) will have their own chair.

It's great because right now we are the only class in the clinic, so technically we each have a chair and half for ourselves. :D

Gavin, I know your busy with the stacks of extra curr.'s outside dental school, but you should write for DDSdiary.com Right now there are only 2 predents writing for that site. Just a thought