PHOTOS on Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mumiitroll

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey which schools want those photos? I just checked that MCW does and you upload it off your computer. Any others? Specifically interested in NY and PA schools as i applied mostly there.
And i know this has been discussed before, but please tell me some big no-nos in photos. i think the one i find most acceptable im wearing a helmet in it.

Members don't see this ad.

Just go to a CVS or something and get some passport photos taken. You can have them put on a disc as well as print off some wallets. Then there is no worry.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say they want a clear, unhelmeted, no-sunglasses, no other people shot of at least your bust (shoulders up). Like a passport photo.

And if you want to be super cool... try the classic MySpace high contrast, tilted, taken in a bathroom mirror with flash shot. Adcoms are all over that.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been using a photo I took with a doc i was shadowing, where I was dressed professional. I zoomed in and cropped it. has anyone else done something similar? Do you think its acceptable to print a photo from your computer onto regular paper and use that or should you use photo paper?

My picture was pretty casual. It was originally a group picture, where I was wearing a button down shirt, but I just cropped my head and shoulders out. I wasn't wearing a suit or anything, and I don't think anyone would find it to be unprofessional.

Some ask for passport photos, but yesterday I had to submit one online, that was not a passport photo. I had my friend take a picture of me in front of a white background, I was sort of smiling and I was wearing a suit top (little does the adcom know, that I was wearing short shorts, too!)

here's my tufts picture. is this too unprofessional?

Last edited:
here's my tufts picture. is this too unprofessional?

Hmm...I'd need to see a shirtless pic of you to compare to this one before I can give you my opinion...

I'd say you need shoulders in the pic, or at least upper shoulders

For my northwestern picture, I was in Chicago for a business trip thing and NU was right there, so I have the perfect picture for NU, but they didn't ask for pix :(