Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Is phrenology counted as BCPM on AMCAS? I know that it is a biological science, but im not sure if it is counted as there seems to be some controversy surrounding it.

Let me know what you guys think. I think I learn towards not BCPM.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
Is phrenology counted as BCPM on AMCAS? I know that it is a biological science, but im not sure if it is counted as there seems to be some controversy surrounding it.

Let me know what you guys think. I think I learn towards not BCPM.
"Tempting, . . . but, no."

[If you recognize the movie quote, you'll know that, really, it wasn't even a bit tempting.]

NotASerialKiller

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Medical Student
...are you talking about a history of phrenology course? Or did your school offer courses in crystals and humor measurement as well?

For the record there is no controversy. People used to think it was a thing and then they realized that no, it's completely stupid.

OP
desiredmembername123
Oct 26, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I think forums would be a lot more boring without trolls though. There is a sort of fascination and glee in trying to figure out if the person is a troll or not.

gonnif

Only 389 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
I had a student take a flower arranging course that was offered by the Dept of Natural Resources which was under the Division of Biological Sciences and had a BIO course number. Even though the applicant classified as AO, AMCAS reclassified it as BCPM

WedgeDawg

not actually a dog
Staff member
Administrator
7+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I think forums would be a lot more boring without trolls though. There is a sort of fascination and glee in trying to figure out if the person is a troll or not.

But for us it's just more work. Closing thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.