Phsycisian/Resident with US Marines/US Navy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Clarus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering, how does one work with or be apart of the US Marines Corps as a physician? Is it through the Navy or is their a select group that work solely with the Marines. Also, are physicians allowed to wear dress blues issued to the Marines or that just solely only for the Marines?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering, how does one work with or be apart of the US Marines Corps as a physician? Is it through the Navy or is their a select group that work solely with the Marines. Also, are physicians allowed to wear dress blues issued to the Marines or that just solely only for the Marines?

The Marines don’t have their own medical corps. We (the Navy) provide their medical care. If you want to care for Marines, join the Navy. If you want to be a Marine, join the Marines. If you just want to look cool in the uniform, find something else to do, as that is not even close to a good reason to join.

Reactions: 4 users
The Marines don’t have their own medical corps. We (the Navy) provide their medical care. If you want to care for Marines, join the Navy. If you want to be a Marine, join the Marines. If you just want to look cool in the uniform, find something else to do, as that is not even close to a good reason to join.

I joined the marines because I wanted to look cool in the uniform. Then again I was 18 and went into the infantry.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    10.8 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 1 user
Unrelated, but the Navy by far, has the best officer uniforms

I went in the navy because I felt it was my best chance to buy a dirt cheap Nissan Skyline