physassist application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akimhaneul

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am in the process of applying for physassist scribe positions so that I can start around July or August. For the short answer questions, how long should the response be? What do they look for in an applicant?

Also, are there some areas that are more popular than others?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

We look for people who honor their commitments, have an interest in the job, and pays attention to details. Takes about a couple of weeks to review the app, then there is a telephone interview (skype), then an offer, then training. Whole thing can take between 2-3 months. In SE Michigan, we have 6 sites, so a big 50+ crew. Other areas have smaller EDs, fewer sites. Good Luck to you. Pay is lousy, but the experience is priceless, and great experience, better than just shadowing. I have been doing this for 2 years now, and I'm a Chief Scribe. Now is a good time to apply, before all the students start putting in apps for the summer. Lots of turnover starting in April.

We look for people who honor their commitments, have an interest in the job, and pays attention to details. Takes about a couple of weeks to review the app, then there is a telephone interview (skype), then an offer, then training. Whole thing can take between 2-3 months. In SE Michigan, we have 6 sites, so a big 50+ crew. Other areas have smaller EDs, fewer sites. Good Luck to you. Pay is lousy, but the experience is priceless, and great experience, better than just shadowing. I have been doing this for 2 years now, and I'm a Chief Scribe. Now is a good time to apply, before all the students start putting in apps for the summer. Lots of turnover starting in April.

^^^ this

And more power to you being a Chief...that's a LOT of work for very little increase in pay. I turned the position down at my shop plus the offer was extended after I had already completed my medschool interviews lol

Members don't see this ad :)
^^^ this

And more power to you being a Chief...that's a LOT of work for very little increase in pay. I turned the position down at my shop plus the offer was extended after I had already completed my medschool interviews lol
It is a lot of work being on call 24/7, basically babysitting folks who don't want to show up to their shifts. Otherwise, it is a lot of fun to see the management side of things. Almost enjoy the days when I just get to scribe. I've given my notice, will be leaving after 2+ years in May.

It is a lot of work being on call 24/7, basically babysitting folks who don't want to show up to their shifts. Otherwise, it is a lot of fun to see the management side of things. Almost enjoy the days when I just get to scribe. I've given my notice, will be leaving after 2+ years in May.

Yea, congrats to you. I'll be leaving in May as well, just under 2 years.

Reactions: 1 user