Physical Science Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aggiemaj

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the MCAT in 17 days (scary!), and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on how to handle the physical science section. I do alright on the biological science and the verbal sections, but I can't seem to grasp the concept of the physical science section. HELP!!

Thanks,
Aggiemaj
smile.gif

Members don't see this ad.

There's an old post around here that said something about not reading the physical science sections, just doing the problems. But, I don't know what it was called. Anyone know??

I don't know about the post, but I agree. I just do the obvious problems, then skim the graphs or passages for any needed info.

The main advantage is that you get all the easy and obvious problems out of the way first. These are also the ones that you will likely get right. Then you have more time to worry about the harder or more obscure problems.

Hope this helps (and hope it works, I'll find out in a couple weeks).

Members don't see this ad :)
Most of the advice that people give regarding the MCAT is crap (in my opinion), but there is one tip that I firmly believe in...Don't let the test frustrate you. You've spent all this time studying and they're going to give you stuff that looks totally foreign. No matter what, don't get flustered. Just remember that everyone else is having trouble too. If you stay focused you'll do fine as long as you've prepared.

I agree with Yigit, except about my previous advice being crap.

The point of doing the easiest problems first is so that if you do get flustered with harder problems/sections, it won't impede your success on the problems you really know. This way, when you get done with a terrible section you don't miss the easy ones after it due to stress.

[This message has been edited by jamier2 (edited April 05, 2001).]