1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Physical Sciences Help :(

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by TinaMina, Jul 23, 2011.

1. TinaMina

5+ Year Member

jj

#1 TinaMina, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MShopes

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    What is your problem on PS? Timing? Hard time on calculations? Or just weak in concepts in general (i.e can not apply concepts to questions given or don't know the concepts really well) ? More information would be better to lead you to a better answer.

4. TinaMina

5+ Year Member

j

#3 TinaMina, Jul 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  5. MShopes

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    The thing is you don't have much time left but I'm pretty sure you can improve. For physics, what I used was EK mostly because I recently took these physics courses but EK pretty much make everything concise so that the pages are really not much and all the concepts and equations that you need to know are there. Perhaps BR wasn't just for you. I would suggest you briefly go over the concepts and equations in EK physics book (should take you 2 days at most if you are slow reader). What I think is a better option is kaplan quick sheet. Indeed kaplan does suck but the only amazing thing they ever did is their quicksheet. This quicksheet basically summarizes everything you need to know for all the sciences. They list all the physics concepts and equations with diagrams to help reinforce everything. It is only around 8-10 pages for all the sciences. If you can get your hands on it, you will be golden.

I tried helping to the best of my ability but being weak in concepts and equations isn't something that you can improve rapidly. It takes a while. As a side note, you can use http://www.khanacademy.org which has free videos for any science topic and the guy explains amazing. Many people in this forum suggest it. So use it in your weak areas to develop it. Stop studying for verbal and BS since they are already looking good and focus on this section for now.

P.S postponing is always better than retaking. From a medical school perspective, postponing doesn't make you look bad since medical schools doesn't even realize it but retaking might be bad if you don't improve. From a money perspective, postponing requires a 60 $ fee but retaking requires a 235 $ fee. So I think you should postpone if you don't improve shortly.