Physical Sciences Practice Materials

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shilpa1125

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm studying using Examkrackers, and I find my score in Biological Sciences slowwwwwly increasing, but it was somewhat decent in the first place so I can handle it. However, physics started bad and is staying bad. What did you all use to study for Physics? I really like EK, but I'm wondering if I should use something else for physics and gen chem. I was going to go through an old textbook, but I realized that 400 pgs later (x2 for both books) I might want to kill myself! Any tips? So far, I'm using the EK manuals. I haven't tried the 1001 questions series.

I'm sitting at a 7 right now, and I want to raise it to at least an 11, preferably a 12. I took both physics in an 8 week time span over the summer, so I know I can do better when I re-learn the material.

Thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

How are you doing on the 30 minute exams in EK?

I found the 1001 books to be helpful on solidifying any subjects I was having problems with. Do you find that you generally understand the material while reading but taking the test you have problems applying? I would think that would mean you need more practice. But if you're having problems with both the information AND the problems then maybe use the textbook to clarify the concepts in your mind (don't use those practice problems - MCAT problems are never that calculation based).

I'm not doing as well as I would like on the practice exams either, about a 9. I really need to re-learn the concepts. My physics textbook just seems so overwhelming, are there any other practice materials that are more detailed than EK but less so than a textbook?

Nova Physics Workbook/Studyguide....its an easy read, and has tons of problems to solidify weak points.