Physical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AA|FCB|DOC

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel like its impossible to do these questions accurately and finish on time? There is so little time and new information to take in when reading the passages. Then you have to answer the questions fairly quickly. I feel like this is even harder on the Kaplan PS. Not to mention no use of calculator either. Whenever I give myself am extra 10 min I do significantly better, but under the regular timing its really difficult for me. I think it might also have to do with being nervous and anxious when I am being timed

Members don't see this ad.

In other words what are you guys doing to keep yourself cool and composed. I find myself freaking out and glazing on the questions and I think this lowers my time significantly.

Does anyone else feel like its impossible to do these questions accurately and finish on time? There is so little time and new information to take in when reading the passages. Then you have to answer the questions fairly quickly. I feel like this is even harder on the Kaplan PS. Not to mention no use of calculator either. Whenever I give myself am extra 10 min I do significantly better, but under the regular timing its really difficult for me. I think it might also have to do with being nervous and anxious when I am being timed

You get used to it. I started off getting 8s on PS and am averaging about a 12 now. It just takes some getting used to.

In other words what are you guys doing to keep yourself cool and composed. I find myself freaking out and glazing on the questions and I think this lowers my time significantly.

I am always cool and composed :cool:.
...except when i see verbal :(
For PS, just do loads of practice (use actual test conditions like no calculator -do mental math). Try and finish way before time so you don't stress over it on the exam. If you find yourself just staring at a question (>~1.5-2 min), pick the best answer (guess), mark it and move on.

Members don't see this ad :)
You get used to it. I started off getting 8s on PS and am averaging about a 12 now. It just takes some getting used to.

How long did it take you to start getting 12's? And did you start seeing improvement like halfway through the AAMC exams or were you taking other ones too? because I seem to get better scores on kaplan exams since they are so generous with the curve.

How long did it take you to start getting 12's? And did you start seeing improvement like halfway through the AAMC exams or were you taking other ones too? because I seem to get better scores on kaplan exams since they are so generous with the curve.

Bump

I have the same problem with PS that a lot of people have with verbal. Math has never been my friend, so I freak out over calculations instead of being confident about them and end up wasting a lot of time. I have until March to practice though, but I need to get over this math anxiety.