Physical therapist from overseas

Discussion in 'Physical Therapy' started by rayhan619, Apr 22, 2012.

  1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. rayhan619


    Feb 12, 2012
    My wife is a physical therapist in Bangladesh. They don't have DPT over there. It is still a bachelor degree. She graduated in 2008, did one year internship and has been working in a hospital for like 2 years. I am US citizen and applied for her. She will be coming here soon. I am not sure how can she work in US as a PT. Does she need to get a DPT degree since she only has bachelor degree? Or can she get her credentials evaluated and apply for license and start working as a PT. I have tried to search in the forum and also in other websites for an answer, but haven't got anything yet. Thank you in advance for your response.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Azimuthal

    Azimuthal Ninja Zombie Slayer 5+ Year Member

    Jan 29, 2012
    Allow me to start by saying that I do not know much about this particular topic. From what I have read, it may be difficult if the program your wife graduated from was not CAPTE approved. However, maybe this link will help.
  4. rayhan619


    Feb 12, 2012
    Thank you for your response. I am going to look at the link. I was expecting response from physical therapist that moved in USA after graduating from overseas.
  5. kc90


    Mar 19, 2012
    Google physiobob forum... I think they have a section there about working overseas.
  6. ActionJaxsun25


    Jan 17, 2012
    If someone received a masters in physiotherapy from one of the 3 CAPTE programs abroad, could they come back to the US and practice as a PT? Or would they have to earn a t-DPT first?

Share This Page