Dec 3, 2013
Status
Pre-Dental
My wife was just offered a job with an outpatient clinic. They offered 62k plus the usual benefits. Is this reasonable? it seems a little low to me and my wife, we expected Atleast mid 70's.

We are in a large city in Texas.

Does any new grads or anyone else have any opinions?

Feb 26, 2015
Status
Pre-Physical Therapy
Depending on what city you're talking about,

Glasdoor says AVG for
DFW: ~$70,000
Houston: ~$67,000
Non given for SA or Austin. However, Indeed.com gives Austin avg of ~$84,000, and SA ~$80,000.
But depends on the clinic, experience, etc. Granted not everything online is believable, but I might see if there's bonuses or something that might add to your year end total or if you can get student loan payments added.

Azimuthal

7+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2012
Status
Physical Therapist
My wife was just offered a job with an outpatient clinic. They offered 62k plus the usual benefits. Is this reasonable? it seems a little low to me and my wife, we expected Atleast mid 70's.

What's the daily caseload? Would she have a PTA or Aide or supervise? Will she be a scheduler?

DPTinFL

7+ Year Member
Jun 28, 2009
Status
Physical Therapist

Depends on caseload. 8-12 patients a day @62k for new grad in large metro FL city is right on