Physical Therapy Aide as clinical experience for PA school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBoy90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I intend on finishing my Bachelor's degree in Health Sciences with a minor in Business Administration within the next year and a half. However, the only clinical experience I have is working with patients as a Physical Therapy Aide at a PT office. The school I am mainly looking to get into is Long Island University's program in Brooklyn. On the school's website, it does list PT Aide as acceptable clinical experience, but what about other schools? Do most schools accept that type of direct patient care?

Members don't see this ad.

most programs accept this but check with each one to be sure.

Hello,
I was just thinking about something similar to this as well. I was thinking about adding onto my studies PT and was wondering if that would be acceptable as clinical experience once i finish so i dont have to take the extra courses to get certified for emt but not sure if the PT would be acceptable as clinical experience like emt would be. Also if you dont mind me asking what made you decide on PA school? Im having a tough time deciding on whether to choose PA or MD what made the choice more clear for you?