Physical therapy to Med school...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Dash, Feb 23, 2002.

1. Dash

Dash Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hello all,

I just started a three year Clinical Doctorate degree in physical therapy and believe I want to pursue med school due to the greater opportunites it will provide me and the fact that many aspects of PT are not where my real interests are now or in the future.

My question is will it hurt my chances of acceptance if I withdraw from my current program. I was planning on working in healthcare until med school to get experience because it makes more sense financially to not have 2 1/2 more years of debt and doing something I am not interested in anymore. Any advice would be appreciated!

Dash

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Freeeedom!

Freeeedom! Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Probably not...I worked in PT for 3 years before starting med school. But I went to a state school and was not in much debt. Whereas you may be in a load of debt after PT school. So, I guess you may want to make a decision about what is really important to you.

4. 532312

5. wjs010

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I almost went to PT school and decided it wasn't for me also. DO is awesome because there are some similarities with it and PT. but you also can practice medicine :) I can't think of a better opportunity