Physician Assistant to Med student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjppa

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a Physician Assistant with 2 years experience in Emergency medicine. I am thinking of going to medical school. I find my job very rewarding and challenging but feel that if I want to devote my life to medicine( married but will not be having children) I should pursue my education further.

Do any of you have PA's as classmates, or are any of you PA's that are currently going through med school? This is a big decision for me and I want to know how difficult the process has been for others ( ie appication, acceptance into school and by classmates)

Thanks-

------------------
Shari JP

Members don't see this ad.

There are PAs in my class and they are doing great especially during in second year.

Shari:

I am also an ER PA with 2 1/2 years experience. I am in the application process to med school right now. I have applied to both DO and MD schools although it looks like DO is the way to go for the older, experienced student like myself (I was an RN and paramedic before PA)

my email address is [email protected]
Please feel free to e-mail me directly if you want to discuss this in further detail.

[This message has been edited by bill cross (edited September 25, 1999).]

Members don't see this ad :)
Hmmm interesting question

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg