Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Physician Father helpful in AMCAS or not?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Lacynica, May 16, 2007.

1. Lacynica

Lacynica Fervently praying...

Pre-Medical
    Hi there guys, I am applying this June and I am starting to fill out AMCAS. There is a section where they ask if you have a parent you want to list...and my dad is a physician but he studied in Vietnam, and did his residency in the States. Would it be helpful or hurtful to list him? thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. frickonastick

Pre-Medical
    I don't know if it would be helpful or harmful, but it'd defintiely be truthful! I don't think that they can deduce much about you based on the fact that you say your father is a physician, but it might come up in your interviews since you gave them that piece of info. Just be ready to address it.

4. Winged Scapula

Winged Scapula Cougariffic!
    Staff Member Administrator Physician Faculty Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved

Attending Physician
    I think the info is just for their database, not to use in any actual decision making process.

Unless your dad has a bunch of enemies at AMCAS I can't see how it would hurt or help you to list him.