1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Physician groups paying off your medical school loans?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by RunnerMD, Dec 15, 2005.

1. RunnerMD

RunnerMD Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

#1 RunnerMD, Dec 15, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BaylorGuy

BaylorGuy Enter witty comment here
    7+ Year Member

Part of this is true. when my sister finished her residency, she was able to get into a group in which she got a pretty good salary in addition to having portion of her students loans paid off by the group. I think this is a relatively common advertising tool that groups of physicians use in order to get brand new physicians to come work with them.

However, there is a catch.....these places are most likely in the middle of nowhere....I.E. very rural cities. Case in point, my sister was working in Hereford, Texas (http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=Hereford,+TX). Don't get me wrong though...she got an awesome deal and all, but then again, if you are a big city person it may not be for you.