Physician Letter & Committee Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songl4a

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think either way works. If you're going with the first option, you may want to use Interfolio so that they can keep track of your letters.

So it sounds like you're saying should you send out multiple LORs to your schools, or only the composite committee?

I would say go for the individual letters and the committee letter (i.e. send to both - though don't overload your schools with the committee letter + 6 individual LORs or the like). Personally, I trust my letter writers (who have known me for years) much more than a committee that is going to interview me for 30 minutes. Even including snippets from the letters, I think having the originals will be a benefit. Plus, my writers are writing letters, not 2 or 3 line snippets for inclusion in an uber-letter. They spent the time to write them for the adcoms, so I want to make sure they get read by the adcoms.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've e-mailed a few DO programs about this and they will accept committee letters that include the physician letter. My school's committee sends a packet with a cover letter on top of all other LORs.

RVU's admission office specifically wants the entire physician letter if your committee only sends excerpts of the letter.