Physician letter within Committee Letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bengirlxD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do osteopathic schools look at physician letters within the committee letter itself. Both CCOM and Nova require a physician letter AND a committee letter but what if my committee letter includes the physician letter. Sorry if I'm being a stupie and overthinking it.

Members don't see this ad.

How do osteopathic schools look at physician letters within the committee letter itself. Both CCOM and Nova require a physician letter AND a committee letter but what if my committee letter includes the physician letter. Sorry if I'm being a stupie and overthinking it.

Is this a committee letter or a letter packet?
If it's a letter packet, and the physician's letter stands alone as it's own letter, I wouldn't see this being a problem.

But if it's a committee letter and the physician's comments are integrated in with the other people in your committee, I'm not sure how that'd be viewed honestly.

Reactions: 1 user
Is this a committee letter or a letter packet?
If it's a letter packet, and the physician's letter stands alone as it's own letter, I wouldn't see this being a problem.

But if it's a committee letter and the physician's comments are integrated in with the other people in your committee, I'm not sure how that'd be viewed honestly.

SO my school calls it a committee letter but they also include the letters of the other recommenders. Would that suffice?

Members don't see this ad :)
SO my school calls it a committee letter but they also include the letters of the other recommenders. Would that suffice?
It did in my case. I think each school reviews the packet. Typically the committee packet will have the summary on top and then individual letters scanner behind.

It did in my case. I think each school reviews the packet. Typically the committee packet will have the summary on top and then individual letters scanner behind.

Just what I needed to hear :). What Schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking

Did you apply to CCOM or NYITCOM?
I did not apply to CCOM, I didn't submit the secondary for NYIT since I their COA is like $90,000/yr

Reactions: 1 user
I did not apply to CCOM, I didn't submit the secondary for NYIT since I their COA is like $90,000/yr

Lol I'm hysterically laughing at that tuition rate. That is unbelievable.