Physician presentation for Pre-Med Students at AMSA FAU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Superman_Doc77

Reaction score
Good evening everyone, this is my first post here but I'm hoping to get some help!

I am a junior pre-med student and the director for Specialties in Medicine in AMSA (American Medical Student Association) at FAU where I bring in an attending or resident to have a presentation about their journey to becoming a doctor, why they chose their specialty and things they love about it (work-life balance, day in the life, etc.), and then talk about one or two interesting cases that you've seen. It's a relaxed environment and we have a great group of pre-med students who love asking questions at the end and throughout. We've had an orthopedic surgeon and trauma surgeon so far and about 25-35 students for our past two events which both went great! It is scheduled for Tuesday Nov. 24th @ 7:00 PM and we'll provide the zoom information as the date draws near. You're more than welcome to use a short powerpoint if you wish and any specialty is welcome! You can find the club on instagram @amsafau

Huge thanks in advance to anyone willing to help out amidst your incredibly busy schedules, it is greatly appreciated! Feel free to ask me any questions and we'll communicate via email.

P.S. I would've posted this well in advance but the doctor who was originally going to have the presentation cancelled just yesterday due to an emergency.

Members don't see this ad.