Physics, Biochemistry, and Physiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedStudent55555

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi by the end of this semester I will have completed classes: Sociology, Genetics, Psychology, Intro Biology, Gen Chemistry, and Organic Chemistry. Having taken AP Physics, will preparing over this upcoming summer prepare me enough for the 2017 summer MCAT even if I haven't take college physics, biochemistry, and physiology? If not, when do you guys suggest I take the MCAT as I am currently a 2nd semester sophomore and will have finished physics, biochemistry, and physiology by the end of junior year.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you answered your own question: summer after junior year. Why take the MCAT when you haven't completed all your classes? There's no rush, especially since you are still a sophomore.

I see. I was just wondering because I would have to take a gap year if I took it the summer after junior year as I don't want to submit a late AMCAS application so I wanted to get some insight on the best course of action.

Hmm.. I didn't take that into consideration, sorry. My best advice to you would be to weigh your priorities (i.e. don't take a gap year by *potentially* not scoring as high or take a gap year so that you can be more prepared). Depending on when you plan on taking the MCAT during the summer, it's hard to say that your app will be "late."