Physics Course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hilbert137

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have done a search and the general consensus seems to be that it doesn't matter whether you take Calc based or non calc based physics. However, at my school, there is a lab for both semesters of the algebra based physics, while there is a lab for only one semester of the calc based physics. I am finishing Calculus 2 right now and am planning on taking physics this summer and am just trying to decide which one to take.

Will I run into problems having two semesters of calculus while then just taking the algebra based physics. Or will not having a semester of lab with physics be a greater problem?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

The school I applied to required 2 semesters of the physics class and 2 semesters of the physics lab. You may want to check into the schools you are interested in and see where they stand on this topic. Some may let you slide with just the 1 semester if that is how the course is structured while others may make you take the algebra based physics. Good luck.