Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Physics/Inorganic Chem Practice

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by BirenJ, Apr 18, 2007.

1. BirenJ

BirenJ 2+ Year Member

Dec 31, 2006
    Hi,

I have EK's complete study package. I've come to realization that physics and inorganic chemistry are kicking my ass, worse than I had imagined. EK really helps boil down the basics of the two subjects, but I'm looking for more practice. I have my gen chem/physics textbooks but they don't have MCAT style questions.

EK has the 1001 series but I hear they're not passage based questions (only EK Bio 1001 is). Are there any other books out there that might have passage based practice questions for Physics/Inorganic Chem?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. poly800rock

poly800rock Member 2+ Year Member

Jul 15, 2006
    the 1001 q's are good. But they get tedious after a while. I read through the physics like a good 5 times. Read through the chem like 20 times. I was def weakest in chem b/c i ended up BSing my way through a community college gen chem class and didn't learn a thing. But anything i didn't understand in the EK books i went to the text in gen chem or schwam's in physics. I flipped through a nova physics and they explained electricity very well where EK kind of breezes over it. One thing that is AMAZING in EK that i always ignored for a while were the last page paragraphs before the questions and the entire chapter on waves. They really do an excellent job of waves. And taking practice tests, you'll FOREVER see waves, every type imaginable. But all the concepts are in that chapter. Don't skip it, read and understand EVERY equation...surface waves, restoring forces, etc. The physics q's thread here is very good for concepts as well.

as far as passage based stuff? good luck. just start going through sections..but it's been said millions of times, you can do most of the physical sections w/o even reading the passages...not to say you won't, but you can.:)