Physics-Mechanics instead of Physics 1 - will it work??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

colt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, the school near me is offering physics-mechanics for the summer, but not physics 1. My question is how different (read: difficult) is this class (compared with general physics) and will most of the schools accept it as the physics requirement?

I called UNC and Marquette and both schools said it would work. They said a person just needs 8 hours of physics. I'm not sure about the other schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, the school near me is offering physics-mechanics for the summer, but not physics 1. My question is how different (read: difficult) is this class (compared with general physics) and will most of the schools accept it as the physics requirement?

I called UNC and Marquette and both schools said it would work. They said a person just needs 8 hours of physics. I'm not sure about the other schools.

Physics Mechanics is Physics 1 at most schools.
You start off learning the basics of mechanics, Force, Torque, Vectors, Momentum, Friction, Kinetics, Newtons laws of motion, Thermo....

Physics Mechanics is Physics 1 at most schools.
You start off learning the basics of mechanics, Force, Torque, Vectors, Momentum, Friction, Kinetics, Newtons laws of motion, Thermo....
Thank you, PchemGrad!:thumbup: